Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a 351 in my 00 gt and taking out the 4.6 and blower, as some can see if you read my other thread. I found a t56, yes a t56 dont hate I know its a chevy trans ok. but good deal and its a 6 speed. but would it fit on a 351w with the proper bellhousing. I know it fit my 4.6 with a 200.00 bell housing thanks fellow stangs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want a c6 auto but cant find one at a good deal any suggestion. A stang club out here wants to help me out with all the work so thats cool. but I have to be rolling down that strip for them. so help me out guys. they all want me to buy from their sponsers which is expinsive

·
Registered
251 Posts
A small bell C6 tranny is kinda rare. At least in these parts. I suggest you go with a C4 which is easily found and once built just as strong or stronger than the C6. Im shoving over 1000HP through a Dynamic C4.
The C6 is just bigger and robs power.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
sgtcrouse said:
I am putting a 351 in my 00 gt and taking out the 4.6 and blower, as some can see if you read my other thread. I found a t56, yes a t56 dont hate I know its a chevy trans ok. but good deal and its a 6 speed. but would it fit on a 351w with the proper bellhousing. I know it fit my 4.6 with a 200.00 bell housing thanks fellow stangs
A T-56 is not a chevy trans, it's from the new 03 cobras. it could work with some money and some work, but I think a world class t-5 would be a good way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
97Stallion said:
A T-56 is not a chevy trans, it's from the new 03 cobras. it could work with some money and some work, but I think a world class t-5 would be a good way to go.
T-56's get mated to all sortsof stuff. LT1 & LS1 F-Bodies, 'vettes and Vipers just to name a few.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yup, the T56 is used in the Trans Am, Camaro SS, Viper, Cobra. Not vettes however, they have a different trans moved further to the back for weight distribution.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
lowflyn said:
Not vettes however, they have a different trans moved further to the back for weight distribution.
Yeah they do. You could get them with a ZF six speed back in the L98 days. In 1992, when they moved to the LT1 engine, they got the T56. They've had it ever since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts