Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have aa 1994 3.8 mustang and am going to be swapping in one of these motors? Which is better in your opinion and y?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Go for the 5.4 1 haven't seen a lot of those 2 rebuilding 1 of those has got to be very cheap and 3 drop 373 gears in and you will not be sorry if you do the 373 gears make sure they surface the flywheel correctly.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I currently have aa 1994 3.8 mustang and am going to be swapping in one of these motors? Which is better in your opinion and y?
The 351W (5.8) will be an easier and less expensive engine for you to swap into your car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 5.8 creates more hp and mid range torque too correct? Because from what I've read the 5.4 also has probs making anything but large low end torque.

·
Banned
422 Posts
stangcobra said:
The 5.8 creates more hp and mid range torque too correct? Because from what I've read the 5.4 also has probs making anything but large low end torque.
It all in how they are built. The 5.4 triton would make a lot more low end torque than top end power because it was built for a truck

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
My understanding is that unless its a 4V 5.4L it's not really worth the swap expense etc

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
dreamstang said:
Unless your.just worried about cool factor. But a high hp 5.8 can top that. ;)
A small block 427w is what I really want.. My $10k+ dream engine lol it can be built cheaper but not mine lol

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
keaton5.0 said:
I guess now that i think about it they all were lol. I think the 95 cobra r was the only 351 windsor factory installed in car?
In a new gen mustang yes.. Some older cars had them

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
stangcobra said:
Ah ok. Hey are there 32v dohc made for the 5.8? Buddy of mine told me there was but he's a chevy guy. Lol
I believe the new GT500 is but it's a 355ci, still a 5.8L

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
deadsp0t said:
I believe the new GT500 is but it's a 355ci, still a 5.8L
Ya they do but they also are an aluminum block and a ton of other differences. Was jw if u culd buy those heads for the 351

1 - 20 of 27 Posts