Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I'm looking for some help on a project. I want to swap a 351w from a 93 f250 into a 01 new edge that had a 3.8. I keep seeing the swap all over online, but not how to do it. I'd like it if anyone could run me through everything like what I would need for the swap. I want to do this swap and nothing else. It would be my first swap and I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I understand the whole insurance thing. And the engine is EFI, Ford switched from carb to EFI in around 88 I believe. Mine is from 93.

·
Super Moderator
17,859 Posts
You need a 94/95 donor car. Swap EVERYTHING to your New Edge and then treat the car like a 94/95 pushrod.

You'd also be a lot faster and spend a lot less money just selling it and buying any 4.6L GT and modding that. Unless we are talking about a new 408w or something and then the budget needs to be in the $20k range.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I hope you are a great wrench turner and electronics guy, should be quite an undertaking, good luck with it. You should start a build thread like OP do to document your work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts