Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im new to the forum and a relatively new owner of a 02 360r #119.

Well getting to the point, I have been trying to track down a P0190 cel randomly during full or mostly full throttle (doesnt happen all the time). Ive replaced the FRPS which has not helped, My fuel pressure at idle stays at 39psi I have not been able to check it real time during wot however, when the CEL pops I believe I feel a stutter in power which leads me to believe a drop in fuel pressure.

my question is, anyone familiar with 99-04 roush stage 3 fuel system? All I am able to find is Roush put their "stage 3 fuel system" in the 360r but I cannot find much if any info about it. I would like to swap out the fuel pump to see if it resolves my issue but would like to price one out before I take everything apart. I am wondering if Roush simply put a boost a pump on the standard mustang fuel pump but anyways I am rambling at this point. I also read somewhere that Roush put a baffled fuel tank in the 360r, which would lead me to believe this is potentially the same tank that was later put in the cobra but that is hearsay.

Oh! I should add, the car runs fine with this code which is another reason I am posting. From what I see on the interwebs others that have had this code say their car runs like garbage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately I have replaced the fuel filter. I should of stated.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Stage 3 motorsports carries a lot of discontinued and out of stock new edge parts for Roush mustangs.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I don't know what Roush did to modify the fuel system.
If you contact them directly, they can possibly give you the exact specifications.... Or the company Recon mentioned.
The only other thing that I can suggest, is to carefully inspect the nearly 20 year old wiring for any defects.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the replies, guess ill start by busting out the multimeter maybe ill get lucky and it is a ground ha! Luckily this 360r is in really good shape (minus the paint). The engine bay is extremely clean for the years same with the undercarriage. Interior looks like what you would expect from a couple year old vehicle.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I used to get this code on my heavily built Mach 1. It was because of my boost-a-pump. I had the dial cranked up to 100% because I was making over 25 lbs of boost and needed every bit of it. I moved the dial back to about 75% and the code never came back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts