Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newbie here! does anybody know if i swap out my ring and pinon w/t-lock will it void my warranty? thanks for you help....04 v6 mustang 4000 miles! :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
It would void the warranty most likely on the rear end assembly. But they would have to know you had changed it. There is really no wayto know you changed it unless looked inside it. So unless there was a problem with the rear end they would never know and so I would not really worry about it.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
It would void the warranty most likely on the rear end assembly. But they would have to know you had changed it. There is really no wayto know you changed it unless looked inside it. So unless there was a problem with the rear end they would never know and so I would not really worry about it.
Ya, and don't go blabbing your mouth either. If they ask, don't lie about it. You could play stupid though. :D Either way, they'll never know unless you tell them, or unless they pull the rear-end cover off.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
they wouldnt be likly to know you had gears installed unless you had a problem with the rear end and asked them to check it out/fix it. It will void the whole rear end assembly so any future issues would be your problem. you should just buy an 8.8 for 850 or less (including shipping) and just bolt it up and keep your 7.5 stock for a back up or if you ever just need to put it back in for some reason, 850 vs 600 or more for just 7.5 gears its not much worse to just upgrade to an 8.8 and you will thank your self later that you did.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The only way any manufacturer can void a warranty is if they can prove the mod caused the problem. Otherwise they cannot void a warranty. Obviously there is no factory warranty on the modded part since that is not factory.

The Magnusson-Moss warranty act is the legal basis for what can and cannot be done in regards to mods and warranties. You can thank Magnusson superchargers for it.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Ponycarman said:
The only way any manufacturer can void a warranty is if they can prove the mod caused the problem. Otherwise they cannot void a warranty. Obviously there is no factory warranty on the modded part since that is not factory.

The Magnusson-Moss warranty act is the legal basis for what can and cannot be done in regards to mods and warranties. You can thank Magnusson superchargers for it.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm

Steve
Well if you put gears in and the axle fails or a drive shaft the warranty is void if they find out the gears were changed. Most dealers will gamble that you wont get anywhere if you complain anyway

·
Registered
349 Posts
They are required by law to prove it, you are not required to prove it didn't. If you take them to court the costs are likely to exceed the repairs anyway. It's up to you though.

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where can I find pricing for 8.8 rear ends (new or used) online?

I see prices for 7.5 gears and diffs everywhere but not for 8.8 rear ends. The cost of diff+gears+install is expensive enough, if it cost a little more for a more robust rear end it would be worth it.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
where can i buy a whole 8.8 rear end brand new with the gears if my choice and t-lok. i want everything to be brandnew

·
Registered
541 Posts
It probably will void your warranty any time you modify the drivetrain it has the potential to brake something else according to the factory. It is expensive to have done but it is well worth the effort.

Matt 2001 moded V6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts