Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 392 challenger is meant to compete with zl1 and gt500 right? And the r/t is meant to compete with the 5.0 and ss right?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
The 392 challenger is meant to compete with zl1 and gt500 right? And the r/t is meant to compete with the 5.0 and ss right?
Price wise it would look like it but the thing is so damn heavy Chrysler wouldn't want to put it up against the 2 of them. Also zl1 and gt500 are supercharged and the 392 clearly is not. So no, not really

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i see what your saying i just think its unfair to compare the 392 to a 5.o gt especially when the 5.0 is meant for the r/t. See it happen alot on mopar forums.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
In reality the new 392 SRT8 is more like a go between car. Price wise it costs more than the 5.0 and SS yet slightly nudges out the SS in performance, but still can't seem to touch the 5.0. On the flip side it cost less then either the ZL1 or GT500. And well we all know it can't hold a candle to either of those!.. Lol

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Yeah i see what your saying i just think its unfair to compare the 392 to a 5.o gt especially when the 5.0 is meant for the r/t. See it happen alot on mopar forums.
What's unfair about it? They're both n/a v8's 2 door 4 seaters with rwd. The biggest differences are price, weight, and power, but they're built and marketed to the same demographics of people. Yea they're a little faster, but who cares, mustangs will always have good competition. In fact if you've liked mustangs for any extended length of time you should be used to being the under dog. The mustang has always been under powered against its competition until now. But they've always been affordable and VERY customizable

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
What's unfair about it? They're both n/a v8's 2 door 4 seaters with rwd. The biggest differences are price, weight, and power, but they're built and marketed to the same demographics of people. Yea they're a little faster, but who cares, mustangs will always have good competition. In fact if you've likes mustangs for any extended length of time you should be used to being the under dog. The mustang has always been under powered against its competition until now. But they've always been affordable and VERY customizable
+11 on being affordable and very customizable. But always the underdog?!?... No!... Seen as the underdog yes. The Mustang is just a much better package, always has been and always will be.

Plus don't forget to mention that with the Mustang you've got so many different trim levels over the other two.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
+11 on being affordable and very customizable. But always the underdog?!?... No!... Seen as the underdog yes. The Mustang is just a much better package, always has been and always will be.

Plus don't forget to mention that with the Mustang you've got so many different trim levels over the other two.
How has it not been the underdog? For pretty much the entire sn-95 era as well as the new edge the Camaro was always far superior in power and speed in stock form

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
How has it not been the underdog? For pretty much the entire sn-95 era as well as the new edge the Camaro was always far superior in power and speed in stock form
For the same price or just a tad more than a SS or Z28 you could get a Cobra or Mach1. And those two beat out the SS and Z28s of the time.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Eturner said:
For the same price or just a tad more than a SS or Z28 you could get a Cobra or Mach1. And those two beat out the SS and Z28s of the time.
Yeah, I've been surprised how close a lot of my times have been to some of the bow tie boys around here in all kinds of fbody cars. There's one in town here with a nasty cam in it and I could hear him whining over his exhaust as I was pulling away from him.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
They're boats...you can only go so fast pushing 2 tons around...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i kinda thot they were underdogs in a way too, performance wise back in the day. As for te new mustangs, Idky camaro has outsold it since 2010 i think it looks like a brick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts