Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

This is a stock 3.8 bottom end, no ported heads, stock cam. 93 octane pump gas. Through an automatic (higher losses than 5spd cars).

I drove the car 100 miles up to Reinharts in Jax so I could tune my car on his dyno. I was there several weeks ago but wanted to change my maf setup so it sampled smoother. Dennis has a Dynojet with some nice features, it has an extremely accurate WBO2, it can log boost and air temp.

I started out with no boost controller, the wastegates opened at 2900rpms and made about 9-10psi of boost, boost crept up to around 11.5psi by redline. After tuning the car made 351rwhp/373rwtq.

Then I hooked up the manual boost controller (ball and spring). With some tuning it made 399rwhp/434rwtq @ 14psi, at the higher boost level the turbos did not fully spool until 3400rpms, and held 14psi until 6000.

Engine temps stayed at 160 with the stock rad, intake air temps were ambient (65F) + 4 to 6* rise during the runs, the huge intercooler I built works great. 93 oct pump gas. Motorcraft AWSF-22C plugs gapped at .035, stock plug wires, stock ignition. 42lb injectors.

I will make another post with pics and specs on the Twin Turbo setup I built.

After I get my new Dynojet set up and make some tweaks to my fuel system I plan on taking things further. I have some little ideas that may result in making more power. Right now my fuel pump is on the edge.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice number man :good:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:woot: :woot: :woot:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do you plan to drive this car daily or is this a weekend car or race car? Either way how are the internals holding up? Do you plan to upgrade your internals? Let me know how it is working out thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jedwards242000 said:
Do you plan to drive this car daily or is this a weekend car or race car? Either way how are the internals holding up? Do you plan to upgrade your internals? Let me know how it is working out thanks
I'm not afraid to drive it daily, and I do to an extent. I also have a truck. I drove it 200 miles over the weekend roundtrip to a car show. It has AC, PS, is relatively quiet and decent on gas.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Holy crap..I didn't notice this earlier. O and Justin..I'm gonna try and get that money order out tomorrow

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ponycarman said:
odd that the torque just stops climbing right at 3500 rpm.

Something seems wrong with that.

Steve
That would be full boost, completely normal.

·
Registered
349 Posts
justin00stang said:
That would be full boost, completely normal.
Well, in my turbo days, which were 2.5L Mopar 4 bangers, that didn't seem to occur. You'd hit peak and drop off from there, not a flat line (essentially) for 1000 rpm. I almost wonder what's going on here. What cam are you running? Stock?

Steve

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Ponycarman said:
Well, in my turbo days, which were 2.5L Mopar 4 bangers, that didn't seem to occur. You'd hit peak and drop off from there, not a flat line (essentially) for 1000 rpm. I almost wonder what's going on here. What cam are you running? Stock?

Steve
This is a stock 3.8 bottom end, no ported heads, stock cam. 93 octane pump gas. Through an automatic (higher losses than 5spd cars).
:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts