Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to show off some of my work and see yours if you have it and get some feedback. Coming from an AutoCAD background I have no problem modeling most types of objects but its the rendering and materials I think I suck at.
Ive been doing 2D stuff for about 5 years at a Civil engineering firm.. Its getting boring so I asked my boss if I could do a 3D Model of a concept bridge design for a client and he said "ok". Thats when I got hooked on 3D and now I want a modeling job.
But anyway Im going to put up some images of some of the stuff I have done. Have a look and let me know what you think. Ive never been to school for 3d or even worked with anyone that has so I have no idea what kinda level I am on. All the work is 100% mine created from scratch and modeled/rendered in AutoCAD 2004.

This first one is the bridge I did at work it may not be the greatest work to you 3d guys but to guys that stare at 2d plans all day its awsome!

This next one is something i put together to show my boss that i could do 3d stuff for our type of work (civil eng.. and road design)

The following 2 are of a scene I setup to practice/learn my material mapping skills

This one is a quick snowglobe I made at work for a christmas card that incorporates the company logo

This one is a work in progress, one of my guns (not rendered, just a screen shot from autocad)

Lemme know what you think, Thanks

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
very nice, what did u use?

3d studio max?

I was doing stuff in 3d studio max, but then i moved on to lightwave.

lightwave is very complicated but it works out really well, if i only had the stuff i did in it. :(

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i had bryce, it was an older version but it sucked never liked it.

Try lightwave, its nice. You'll have to download it tho, its like a 2,000 dollar program.. heheh.
:headbang:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smokedya95stang said:
i had bryce, it was an older version but it sucked never liked it.

Try lightwave, its nice. You'll have to download it tho, its like a 2,000 dollar program.. heheh.
:headbang:
autocad, inventor and 3d studio are like 3000-5000+ programs. I LOVE KAZAA!!! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smokedya95stang said:
wow i didnt know 3d-studio was that much i thought it was only 500. lol

i have that one on cd too. :)
3d studio and 3d studio max are a little different... max is more advanced with features for animation and stuff like that

·
Registered
800 Posts
Charles why dont you modify your rims with 1 of those mega $$$ programs just for signature sake! *L*

or 3D render me a 351 Crate motor installed into my car, and then it will virtually work when I start it....

:D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have expierence with 3d-Studio B4, 3DS Max 1.0 all the way through today's latest Version of 3DS Max 6, AutoCAD R13, R14, 2000, 2000i, Architectural Desktop, Mechanical Desktop, 3D Solid modeling. I used to win state VICA competitions with 3DS Max 1.3.

I now work in the estimations CAD department of a Networking firm in So. Cal. And I love it.

I also have limited expierence with Maya, but the interface is becomming more like 3DSMax. I'll have to play with it more when I have time. I've been using these programs since 1995..... geez.... I feel old :( I'm only 22 years old and I can say I've been doing something like CAD and 3DSMax for almost 10 years :(

By the way... I cant see your pictures :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rellik said:
I have expierence with 3d-Studio B4, 3DS Max 1.0 all the way through today's latest Version of 3DS Max 6, AutoCAD R13, R14, 2000, 2000i, Architectural Desktop, Mechanical Desktop, 3D Solid modeling. I used to win state VICA competitions with 3DS Max 1.3.

I now work in the estimations CAD department of a Networking firm in So. Cal. And I love it.

I also have limited expierence with Maya, but the interface is becomming more like 3DSMax. I'll have to play with it more when I have time. I've been using these programs since 1995..... geez.... I feel old :( I'm only 22 years old and I can say I've been doing something like CAD and 3DSMax for almost 10 years :(

By the way... I cant see your pictures :(
Hey cool, I won VICA too on regional and state levels, never went to nationals. I was in architecture tho

1 - 19 of 19 Posts