Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its a synchronizer is this expensive to fix i could still put in 3rd just i have to put it in slowly FML

·
Registered
634 Posts
What exactly is it doing? Usually some fluid does it good. Probably will be able to shift normal just not going to be able to bang through gears

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If im a shift from second to third normally it grinds pretty bad that it wont go in unless i force it in or if from second to third but shift it in slowly it will go in with not much grind

·
Registered
634 Posts
If im a shift from second to third normally it grinds pretty bad that it wont go in unless i force it in or if from second to third but shift it in slowly it will go in with not much grind
Definitely do a fluid change before it gets worse.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you want it fixed unbolt the tranny drop it and give it to a transmission shop to fix it. It won't cost much maybe 600$ to fix for parts and labor

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Its definitely a Synchronizer same thing happened to me... Sooner or later your not going to have a gear at all, I'd drop the tranny yourself and bring it to a shop
Yep that happened to me grinding got so annoying I took it to the shop raced it that weekend before fixing it and my 3rd and 4th gear the two gears that were grinding seemed like nothing was there. Apparently a pin that held the shift fork came out and was just floating around in my tranny.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yep that happened to me grinding got so annoying I took it to the shop raced it that weekend before fixing it and my 3rd and 4th gear the two gears that were grinding seemed like nothing was there. Apparently a pin that held the shift fork came out and was just floating around in my tranny.
Yeah I had it so bad to where I could go into third easier then b4 it busted and it were as if I was in neutral lol I'd drove with it for like a week I'd mash it 1st thru 2nd and skip to 4th.. super annoying! Dealership showed me the trannys internals and I coulda added some milk and have myself a bowl of synchros lmao

1 - 9 of 9 Posts