Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm building my 4.6 3 valve and putting in my v6. My friend with a Mach one says his procharged 4 valve can beat my built car (while I'm Running a turbo on 15lbs) the only thing is, my car won't be done for another 6 months. I realize the procharger has that instant power (and he has 4.10s) but a turbo is more effective. With boost and fully built motor, rear end, and e85 fuel I should be able to out run him on the track right? If not how can I win?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
So I'm building my 4.6 3 valve and putting in my v6. My friend with a Mach one says his procharged 4 valve can beat my built car (while I'm Running a turbo on 15lbs) the only thing is, my car won't be done for another 6 months. I realize the procharger has that instant power (and he has 4.10s) but a turbo is more effective. With boost and fully built motor, rear end, and e85 fuel I should be able to out run him on the track right? If not how can I win?
3v-4v isn't much different

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Pro charger will build boost a little faster than a turbo, maybe.

How much boost is his gonna run? If its on stock block and internals he won't likely wont be running over 10 psi. Personally I think your friend is just talking smack

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pro charger will build boost a little faster than a turbo, maybe.

How much boost is his gonna run? If its on stock block and internals he won't likely wont be running over 10 psi. Personally I think your friend is just talking smack
I think it's 15 as well. And I've even told him its dumb to be running that much on stock internals but he doesn't care. And ya I know it will especially with 4.10s I just wanna shut him up. He said buying a 3v was stupid. But I didn't think there was much of a difference either. And you may be right. But he wants to race when I'm done. So well see. I may just spray

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I think it's 15 as well. And I've even told him its dumb to be running that much on stock internals but he doesn't care. And ya I know it will especially with 4.10s I just wanna shut him up. He said buying a 3v was stupid. But I didn't think there was much of a difference either. And you may be right. But he wants to race when I'm done. So well see. I may just spray
You're a little heavier. But by the time he's at full boost he will blow his motor

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The trick to get him to blow his motor real soon and then you won't have to be pressured to hurry your build up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The trick to get him to blow his motor real soon and then you won't have to be pressured to hurry your build up.
+1. I've heard rumors that his car (unlike most Mustangs) can handle up to 47lb's of boost. Get him to crank it up and get back to us. We need answers dammit!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
15 psi is a sh*t load u better have meth inj and e85 and yes u will rape him

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
A better gauge would be track numbers with some dyno numbers for comparisons sake. Otherwise, it is all a random guess.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
hmmmm if the 4v guys knows a guy that out ran a 3v in an odd and obscure story then you are beat 100%, cant deny that unless you know a more obscure story about two people with opposite results.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Lol. It's the number of valves per cylinder.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts