Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pros: solid black, includes windshield, saddle bags, aftermarket pipes, mustang seat, good tires, helmet, bike cover, buying it off a retired guy who has taken good care of it, it's local! (no ebay!)

con: 22,000 miles.

i know that isn't crazy high mileage but there is also a 2002 sabre w/ 10,000 miles for $5,400 here locally as well (with many of the same aftermarket parts) how many miles/years can i expect to get out of a well-taken care of sabre? is the additional $1,400 of hard-earned cash worth the 10k less miles? (and the other bike is orange!)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, Honda makes nice bikes, period.

22000 miles is not too bad for a 6 year old bike. It is good that who ever owned it REALLY road the thing. I think $1400 is a good enough reason NOT to go with the lower mileage alternative though. Mechanically both bikes could be in the same health. One just has more use on it than the other. The 10K bike just means it sat around longer than the other and sitting for too long can cause damage. Just make sure the bike has a clean bill of health and that everything is in order and go for it if you do like it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would say it's an excellent price and if it has been well taken care of, the mileage is not a big issue. I don't know where you live but in Canada its blue book value in mint condition is listed at $6,950. I have a 2003 Honda ACE and I've never had ANY problems with it since I bought it new 5 yrs ago - Honda makes excellent quality bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts