Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month or two ago I found a web page that talked about swapping the v6 ecoboost turbo manifolds/turbos onto the 4.0 v6 in the mustangs... I can no longer find said web page. Been searching for about two hours now. Can anyone shed some light on this? Please and thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
The swap was with the 3.7 V6 (2011-16) not the 4.0 (2005-10). You have the wrong engine for the swap.

You can do a turbo - powerhouse 411 has a kit. And of course there are superchargers. My favorite is the Xcharger; great positive displacement blower but not the most horsepower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can not find anything with powerhouse411. I have been thinking about taking the procharger route mainly to cut back on the piping. I am also talking with Tom over at supersixmotorsports about a few things right now.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I can not find anything with powerhouse411. I have been thinking about taking the procharger route mainly to cut back on the piping. I am also talking with Tom over at supersixmotorsports about a few things right now.

I emailed them a couple questions before and they were quick to respond.

Been planning a conversion myself. Priced everything I need and not counting the ductwork for the intercooler/turbos and some custom welding from my exhaust to the new manifolds, I'm looking at $3500 including a new tuner and then a custom tune at $159/hr for 2-4 hrs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed them a couple questions before and they were quick to respond.

Been planning a conversion myself. Priced everything I need and not counting the ductwork for the intercooler/turbos and some custom welding from my exhaust to the new manifolds, I'm looking at $3500 including a new tuner and then a custom tune at $159/hr for 2-4 hrs.
I wouldn't have to worry about paying for anyone to weld anything for me. a local dyno shop is $350 for boost tunes and $250 for N/A tunes ( flat rate, not by the hour) the only price tag i have to worry about is turbos and the manifolds.

I am trying to get as much info on boosting the 4.0L v6 as possible to give myself a better idea on it. I used to build Honda engines for myself and friends but got out of that and now I am dealing with a whole new breed. so... starting from scratch in a way

·
Registered
562 Posts
$560 Pair of turbos
$87 pair of exhaust manifolds
$825 adapter plates and oil/coolant lines
$250 waste gates
$300 turbosmart blow off valves
$322.87 turbosmart eboost street

Exhaust gaskets 2 each
$16.91 each
$7.66 each
$8.68 each

Down pipes
$340 Fuel injectors
$130 Oil catch can
$174 Intercooler
Pipes
$399.99 sct x4 tuner

$159/hr Custom Tune 3-4 hrs

·
Registered
562 Posts
Full tuner. My shop only dyno tunes with SCT so since I'm using a Diablosport Intune, I have to buy a new one.

That's the price of them from AM so I can buy it before I get all the other parts and at least use it until I have it dyno tuned.

The turbos are 2013+ and remanufactured. Brand new are 3-4x that amount.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm. Very nice.
by any chance have you run into an issue with buying front sway bar bushings? through autozone, the ones that the system said my car called for are too big for m sway bar. Now i am wondering what size i really need.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Mike's website seems to be down for some reason. But he does have a facebook page.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
that is some decent prices.
is the tuner a chip or a " programmer"?
For anything after 2005 you don't use a "chip". You need the handheld programmer like the SCT. The files are way too big for the "chip" and the chips that are sold on ebay are a cheap (like $0.50) resistor spliced in to trick the MAF but it doesn't do any real tuning and is dangerous to the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts