Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my ford racing shop nearby today, and asked about the 4.10`s. They told me not to get them because in a few year they will kill my drivetrain. At most go to 3.73, even though I have an Auto. Anyone have experance with this?thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
nah, go 4.10s. theyre worried about you riding your limiter.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. It will not hurt my tranny.Wonder why he told me that ? Thanks a bunch, put my fears to rest.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
My dad has a 97 Ranger with the 4.0 and heavy duty haul kit. I drove it when I went home this summer and it kicks butt. Those gears make a hell of a difference.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Extreme Effects.com said:
It is hard to find people who do know what they are talking about.
That is why V6stangs.com is here :)
Yep we are here to inform and bring the truth to all in search of V6 performance.

I am a Myth Slayer MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
go with 4.10s... thats what ive got and i love them

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet thanks for the truth. has anyone had 4.10s for a long time here? Do I have to get a tranny cooler with this? thank ps. the stickys on gears and rearends were really good thanks.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i had an 8.8 with 4.10s and had it a while. bought it used and then sold it. hasnt have problems with any of the cars. heck, if i didnt have a pre99 (so i could have gotten a chip for correcting the speedo instead of the speedogear), i would have gotten 4.30s

and yes, tranny coolers are great. you dont need them with the gears, but it would help prolong the life anyway

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thanks alot for your help everyone.I think im going to put some 4.10s in soon. It invaidates my warrenty :oops: but from what I hear its worth It. Anyone suggest a company to buy them from? Ford charges 250$+install from the sticky I think this is a pretty good deal thanks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
www.gefracing.com

they sell 7.5 and 8.8 gears. i got mine for 150$ shipped, i'm not sure of the deals now.

don't pay over 250$ for install fo' sho'.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep another vote for 4.10s. You will love them, no question about it. :headbang:

·
Registered
301 Posts
oaktonarcher said:
I think im going to put some 4.10s in soon. It invaidates my warrenty :oops: but from what I hear its worth It.
If it's a Ford [Motorsport] part, installed by Ford techs, would it really void the warranty? :-?

184 Posts
i got fo teeeens :headbang:

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They told me they would invalidate my warrenty because they are offically racing parts. and put stress on my engine. did they not for your warrenty?are they just bsing me?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts