Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that even with 4.10 we don't have enough power to hit red line in 6th gear

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ak_stang is correct. The way out 6 speed is set up your not going to hit red line without some big power adders. Like a big turbo or SC maybe. Biggest downfall to 4:10 gears is the gas mileage.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Ak_stang is correct. The way out 6 speed is set up your not going to hit red line without some big power adders. Like a big turbo or SC maybe. Biggest downfall to 4:10 gears is the gas mileage.
MPG is just terrible i have 4.10's in my 2012 auto and my mpg is 16mpg thats just ****ty lol but damn does my car pick up quick!!!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so would you guys recommend 4.10 or 3.73. is there a real big difference between the two besides mpg and a little more low end power?

·
Registered
809 Posts
If I did it again I would still get 3.73 for a daily driver. I would do 4.10 if it were a track only car but I drive my car every day. It's really a personal preference thing, all we can do is tell you the pro's and con's of each, after that it is up to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts