Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got new 4.10 gears for my 99 auto vert and there are sweet. but i think the best part was the sct tuner that i got. it changed everthing unbelieveable. are the gt with autos faster than 5 speeds, with the right gears and timing done with them?
i am new so work with me here, looking forward with talking with ya'll

mac cold air, mac cat back, 4.10 gears, sct tuner :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
5 speeds are faster to a point. The automatic shifts faster but there is more power loss through the transmission. Once you start pushing a lot of power then an automatic is actually better. It will be more consistant and the power loss will be negligible in comparison to the quickness of the computer shifting. the manual is more fun in my opinion but if I were pushing over 400 rwhp I'd probably want an automatic.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info, i love the gears but it sucks up the gas. now more mods what would u do next ???? stall converter,headers,pullies?
i have got the need for speed

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
greg_g70 said:
thanks for the info, i love the gears but it sucks up the gas. now more mods what would u do next ???? stall converter,headers,pullies?
i have got the need for speed
Pullies would definately be a plus. It is a good mod and you will get about 10HP out of it and for the price a bargin in the pursuit of power I would hold off getting long tube headers until you have engine work done. A stall converter wil be costly The PI Stallion which is the best hands down will set you back around $700 new

1 - 5 of 5 Posts