Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have 3:55 gears right now and i run 13.5 seconds on the quarter mile. If i install 4:10 gears will i run 13 flat? someone told me i will drop a half second. is that true?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
A half second sounds like a stretching of the truth.. You should drop some but not a half second.. If its not an issue already, traction/launch will become tricky. With a great launch and traction .3 tenths 'might' be had.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
deadsp0t said:
A half second sounds like a stretching of the truth.. You should drop some but not a half second.. If its not an issue already, traction/launch will become tricky. With a great launch and traction .3 tenths 'might' be had.
that ones hard to say. imthink there is a possiblity he can drop that much with traction of course. imwould definitly say it if he had 3.27s. i was pretty suprised when 90mustanglx drop .6 or .8 just doing a manual swap.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
dreamstang said:
that ones hard to say. imthink there is a possiblity he can drop that much with traction of course. imwould definitly say it if he had 3.27s. i was pretty suprised when 90mustanglx drop .6 or .8 just doing a manual swap.
Auto to manual is a whole different game because the auto weighs like an anchor and is stupid inefficient, at least mine is lol but the ratios are close. It's like a T5 with no 4th gear lol

But your correct if it were a larger jump in ratio it'd likely knock down even more assuming traction was good.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
deadsp0t said:
Auto to manual is a whole different game because the auto weighs like an anchor and is stupid inefficient, at least mine is lol but the ratios are close. It's like a T5 with no 4th gear lol

But your correct if it were a larger jump in ratio it'd likely knock down even more assuming traction was good.
Good point. The faster autos that most drag racers prefer are high performance ones. Not the aod unless built. :good:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts