Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have 4.10 gears that I got for Christmas and i keep hearing good and bad about them. Can you guys let me know how you guys feel about 4.10 gears I don't want to have them installed and then not be happy with them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have 4.10's and I love them, and dont believe all the crap about how they take your top end away...they dont, but they do make driving alot of fun, I think they are perfect for street.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
IMO 4:10 as a DD would get on my nerves..very short 1st gear

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Auto or manual? What mods?

Reason I ask is because I have a 00 gt auto and I had my 4:10 in I had stage two cams and the heard were great on the street but sucked in a 1/4 mike track. I was maxing my RPMs before I got to the end of the track, like 5-8 car links before the end.

If your car is a manual I say go for it because it is fun to drive with them, say thing with the auto as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car is a 5 speed it has a cold air intake throttle body spacer exhaust. I bought the car used and I believe it has more done because it is way faster then any mostly stock mustang I have seen. I take it to the track all the time in the summer and I'm running 1/4 mile times of 13.65 at 104 on street tires

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
My car is a 5 speed it has a cold air intake throttle body spacer exhaust. I bought the car used and I believe it has more done because it is way faster then any mostly stock mustang I have seen. I take it to the track all the time in the summer and I'm running 1/4 mile times of 13.65 at 104 on street tires
Oh ok well that's fine I say put them in then, you will like them. I bought some for the 98 cobra.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do any one run the 4.10 down the track and if so what gear are u in when u go thru the 1/4 mile someone told me I will be in 5 th gear and all most red lining is this true ?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Will do any one run the 4.10 down the track and if so what gear are u in when u go thru the 1/4 mile someone told me I will be in 5 th gear and all most red lining is this true ?
I am topping out 4th gear when I cross the line with my 4.10s. You will love them. My favorite mod by far.

·
Registered
704 Posts
3.73s are nothing compared to 4.10s.
After driving both, the 4.10s just pull and pull whereas 3.73s need a bit of time to build up into the powerband.
I have 4.10s in a 5-speed and almost wish I had 4.30s.
The mpg drop is insignificant; I went from 27 to 25 highway and 19 to 16 city.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have 4.10s in my auto GT, i did lose some top end tho. B4 my 4.10s, i could do 138mph up a steep hill. Now i can hit 120mph. But whatever is lost at the top end, is gained in the bottom. Let me tell ya, WOOODOGGIE did this quicken my car. Amazing, simply amazing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Different generation, but just wanted to chime in. The 4.10s are a great mod, one of the greatest mods I think anyone can do performance wise besides a supercharger. First gear is short (I'm at 4K rpms going 20 mph) but its nothing tragic.

Fuel economy drop lowers, but not much. When my car was completely stock, I would get 27 mpg going 70 with my old 3.55s but after with the 4.10s I would get 23.5 repeatedly at the same speed. Since then, I added a cai which surprisingly brought my mpg back up to a constant 25.8 mpg on the highway. You won't be disappointed with the 4.10s!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I see that you guys are talking about 2vs but what about 4.10s in an older 5.0? Every one says 3.73 is great but 4.10 is just what they wanted. And I don't really care about losing top end btw.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the info I am going to get them installed and I will let everyone know updates as I go.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I see that you guys are talking about 2vs but what about 4.10s in an older 5.0? Every one says 3.73 is great but 4.10 is just what they wanted. And I don't really care about losing top end btw.
You are asking this in the wrong part of the forum. You may get your answers in the '79-'95 GT category.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Got my 4:10's in last weekend and I love them I have a 2000 gt with an auto it was lazy off the line to say the least now I'm doing rolling burn outs :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
are 4.10's really that bad for highway driving? like going 75
I haven't driven it much but I'm doing 60 at about 2100 rpm you gotta adjust your shift points too at wot I'm gonna play with that some tommorow . I have to run to the store I will let you know what 75 is like

1 - 20 of 30 Posts