Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
2003mustangGT said:
Alright Guys I wana know what is better gear ratio? What are the pros and cons of both? Thanks alot
410s if ya gotta pair

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
4.10s give you better acceleration but less highway mpg, 3.73 is not as much acceleration (still really good acceleration though) but better highway mpg... The mpg difference honestly isn't that much between them though.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
2003mustangGT said:
Alright Guys I wana know what is better gear ratio? What are the pros and cons of both? Thanks alot
Is this car a track car or DD and once a month track car. What is your goal with your vehicle? If track car go with 4:10 gears. If DD go with 3:73. I have an 11 v6 and I'm going with 3:73 gears but I will never run track. My understanding is that 3:73 gears are the best for all purpose track or DD.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
ksrumbel said:
Tons of threads on this. Just do a search. You will find all the info you need.
+1 look up ColeJohnson on here. He has a very good link in his signature.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a DD right now but looking to make it strictly track. Just starting puttin mods on it. I have full exhaust, ( pacesetter longtubes paired with pacesetter o/r x pipe and borla stringers cat back. CAI, short shift kit and new rims and tires. But I'm starting suspension now replacing shocks struts and control arms. Putting coil overs on it. I just want a quicker launch and I don't want to buy 3:73 and not be happy with them or vice versa. I drive it maybe 20 min highway a day. Gas I'm not concerned about. But if I did get either one would I have to replace anything else? Or do anythin else?

·
Registered
483 Posts
2003mustangGT said:
It's a DD right now but looking to make it strictly track. Just starting puttin mods on it. I have full exhaust, ( pacesetter longtubes paired with pacesetter o/r x pipe and borla stringers cat back. CAI, short shift kit and new rims and tires. But I'm starting suspension now replacing shocks struts and control arms. Putting coil overs on it. I just want a quicker launch and I don't want to buy 3:73 and not be happy with them or vice versa. I drive it maybe 20 min highway a day. Gas I'm not concerned about. But if I did get either one would I have to replace anything else? Or do anythin else?
Sounds like you would benefit and enjoy 4.10s more. I know American Muscle sells a kit including what you will need for the gear swap. I have 4.10s and I enjoy them very much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That will work, but call around to some local shops if you have any. Sometimes they have good package deals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts