Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much will 4.10 gears change my speed . Will it still be a decent everyday driver. Or should i go higher.

·
Registered
571 Posts
4.10s will improve acceleration personally I don't think they would be too bad a daily drivers depending on what your diving, if I is city or highway. It will affect you gas mileage.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have 4.10s in the rear. It makes for a difficult car to get used to, especially if you do not have a well tuned clutch. If you ever plan to go forced induction it will not be a good choice, I dont know about nitrous oxide. I have since I got the car wanted to go to 3.55s just my .02

·
Registered
208 Posts
To me 4.10 is a lil much especially if u runnin a 5spd. Auto is not as bad. I love my 3.55s. Still has some good pull from a start and can run 75-80 up the interstate without turnin real high rpms.

·
Registered
571 Posts
To me 4.10 is a lil much especially if u runnin a 5spd. Auto is not as bad. I love my 3.55s. Still has some good pull from a start and can run 75-80 up the interstate without turnin real high rpms.
+1 it would be best for day to day to have an auto with those gears.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Mine is manual, UD pulleys. CAI tune short throw charge motion delete plates. Steeda 17 cams. 4.10s.
It's my daily driver. I wouldn't have it any other way

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed.

When I got my car, I was thinking 'I'm gonna drop to 3.73 or maybe 3.55s for better mpg'. Then I realized I was already getting pretty damn good mpg. Almost 25 hwy and 20 in the city. So there was no need for a drop. Plus it launches soooooo good lol You have to get used to a shorter 1st gear. Other than that, any other Stang I ever buy will have 4.10s

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed.

When I got my car, I was thinking 'I'm gonna drop to 3.73 or maybe 3.55s for better mpg'. Then I realized I was already getting pretty damn good mpg. Almost 25 hwy and 20 in the city. So there was no need for a drop. Plus it launches soooooo good lol You have to get used to a shorter 1st gear. Other than that, any other Stang I ever buy will have 4.10s
I have a T5 too, and 1st gear takes getting used to, stop and go traffic is actually pretty damn good If you don't mind a lot of clutch slip to maintain 'smoothness' and gas mileage is good if I'm good. I just want a slightly more tame daily driver. Who knows I might miss them after.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts