Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so for my first ever engine tech post, can I have "Is the 4.2 block that RGR and others offer a bored out 3.8?" For $1000 please Alex

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
n8r said:
Ok so for my first ever engine tech post, can I have "Is the 4.2 block that RGR and others offer a bored out 3.8?" For $1000 please Alex
What is no, it is a stroked 3.8L?

the 4.2L shares the same block and same bore as a 3.8L, but uses a longer throw crank, specific pistons and rods, to pull the piston down deeper in the block on the downstroke, giving more displacement

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotta love this forum, nice and quick, thank you much!!! BTW What kinda hp and torque gains would one get from such an engine?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
You will gain very little horsepower from a stroker kit. But it will increase you torque a very good amount. If you want to gain horsepower you need to take advantage of those extra cubes you just gained by adding some Big Valved heads, a bigger TB and a good tune. When I did my 4.2, I gained approx 15 tq across the board and about 5 hp across the board. My car was heavily modded at the time. I had Stage 3 intakes, 56mm TB, BV heads(1.84/1.5), and a 216/225 cam. Your cam, heads, intakes, exhaust and TB make all the difference in the world. If you're shooting for a good all around N/A car, you'll need at least a 60mm TB, stage 3 intakes, BV heads, Big ole cam, and Dual exhaust. Get all that done and a good tune and you be close to 270bhp, with other mods you could be over 300bhp with all engine. What year is your car BTW?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont have one yet. but I will most likely be getting a 99+, thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
n8r said:
Dont have one yet. but I will most likely be getting a 99+, thanks for the info
If you're getting a 99+, after you do all those mods, a 70mm TB will work wonders for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts