Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, is it possible to find that track app screen and install it so that its fully functional on a 13? Been checking out the aftermarket scene with no luck! Thx.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the 13' 5.0 and that comes with the 5.0. So it's not standard in the 13' v6?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
bluemonster13 said:
I have the 13' 5.0 and that comes with the 5.0. So it's not standard in the 13' v6?
I think it comes on the premium models? I could be wrong though as I don't have a 13.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yea I got the 13' 5.0 premium with brembo package and 3.55 gears. I didn't look at the 13' sixxers.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
CYCLON37 said:
I think it comes on the premium models? I could be wrong though as I don't have a 13.
Yep only on the premium...which I have but that only opens the door for other goodies, the track app with other goodies was a 2900$ option if I recall. : (

·
Registered
122 Posts
The track apps, and the 4.2" LCD come standard with the 2013 V6 Premium. You don't need to add any options to get these.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JoshLSTV said:
The track apps, and the 4.2" LCD come standard with the 2013 V6 Premium. You don't need to add any options to get these.
They are not standard on premium, you need to add interior upgrade package or package 202 a.It might be standard on the GT premium. The premium V6 models give you front fog lights and couple of extras. It opens up options to add on to your car where a base model is exactly that, no front lower fog lights etc. Build one on Ford.ca to see for yourself,but I'm not here to argue with anyone, I was just wondering if it was available as a aftermarket add on? : )

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bluemonster13 said:
Yea I got the 13' 5.0 premium with brembo package and 3.55 gears. I didn't look at the 13' sixxers.
How are the 3.55 gears? I was leaning toward the 3.73 that most people swear by but 3.55 might be a better option for me.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
By just getting the tech package you get the lower fog lights which is Group 102A. I have a base coupe with the only option as Group 102A and have the fogs and the tech package.

If I remember correct, You needed to order the Performance Package to get the Track apps in the Premium.

·
Registered
453 Posts
MrMike said:
How are the 3.55 gears? I was leaning toward the 3.73 that most people swear by but 3.55 might be a better option for me.
I like them! I had 3.73 in my 08' gt. I like both. I'm liking the 3.55's a little more though. :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pwrby4d said:
By just getting the tech package you get the lower fog lights which is Group 102A. I have a base coupe with the only option as Group 102A and have the fogs and the tech package.

If I remember correct, You needed to order the Performance Package to get the Track apps in the Premium.
Us or Canada? Ford.ca performance package doesn't mention track apps, only 3.31 gears, strut brace 19" rims, suspension upgrades etc.The only options I see on Ford.ca to get the track apps is interior upgrade package and package 202 a that comes with a boat load of goodies. Mine has the 400 a that's basically a spoiler. couldn't afford the upgraded packages. : ( But anyways I really like the track app and was wondering if anyone knew where to find one....or if its possible to install as an aftermarket piece? Thx

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

bluemonster13 said:
I like them! I had 3.73 in my 08' gt. I like both. I'm liking the 3.55's a little more though. :)
Did you notice a big difference between the two? I was worried a little about the 3.73 s on the highway. ( fuelmilage) 3.55 might be a better inbetween.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You might want to consider a Bluetooth OBD reader. You can get the same Track Apps info on your Android or I-phone.

·
Registered
453 Posts
MrMike said:
Us or Canada? Ford.ca performance package doesn't mention track apps, only 3.31 gears, strut brace 19" rims, suspension upgrades etc.The only options I see on Ford.ca to get the track apps is interior upgrade package and package 202 a that comes with a boat load of goodies. Mine has the 400 a that's basically a spoiler. couldn't afford the upgraded packages. : ( But anyways I really like the track app and was wondering if anyone knew where to find one....or if its possible to install as an aftermarket piece? Thx

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Did you notice a big difference between the two? I was worried a little about the 3.73 s on the highway. ( fuelmilage) 3.55 might be a better inbetween.
No not a huge difference. But if you now cars well and drive enough you can tell the slightest differences.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

MrMike said:

3.73 are good for highway. I would try and find someone who has 3.73's and someone who has 3.55's if possible and see if they let you drive both and see what you like better. I don't think you can can wrong with either.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TommyV said:
You might want to consider a Bluetooth OBD reader. You can get the same Track Apps info on your Android or I-phone.
Really? I'll youtube that now and check it out! Thx.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The gear difference between 3.73 and 3.55 is like 5% Tq. Not a big difference. Probably less than 100 RPM too...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah, options in Canada must be different because here in the US the 4.2" screen and track apps come standard on all Premium models regardless of the options. All of the Premium V6 Mustangs that I looked at before ordering mine had them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have it on my MCA and it wasn't an add on
you can only get mca pack on the 2013 v6 or v8 if you get the premium, just like you can only get the glass roof wit premium.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts