Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have resently found a geat deal on a 351 and took advantage of it. I am trying to push around 400-450ish out of this motor w/o any supercharger or turbo. I need advice on which stoker kit is the best and other things i need to get to swap it. Also trannys, I know that my stock auto with a B&M shift kit will snap if I try to run it. Would like to look at a 5speed auto or manual 5 or 6. run on 3.73 and 4.10 when racing. Do I need to replace my driveshaft, and or rear axle. I am also looking at a tourqe converter now so assume I have that in some cases. Will probaly spray 150-200 when racing once a month. but If problems accure I will not.

No Replacement For Displacement
Sgt Crouse

·
Registered
941 Posts
is this your daily driver?

getting 400 to the wheels on a 351 is easy. the c4-c6's will hold up a lot better than a t5 will... you'll break that t5 quick. you'll need to either get a c4 or get a built t5 if you want it to last. DS depends on the tranny. everything depends on the budget and how much down time you can afford. your rear end will be fine.

true dat... no replacement for displacement.

what branch you in btw and rank.

austin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
c4-c6 will fit fine with few problems, what brand stroker kits do you like. where can i find a c-6. is that a good selection money is no problem really have plenty.

HEy TIRE i am army 101st inf. SGT

No Replacement For Displacement.

·
Registered
941 Posts
before jumping head first into this i'd advise making some friends that have done stroker motors and can help you first hand. i havne't built a motor myself and don't know how to field all your questiosn except to say, MAKE FRIENDS THAT HAVE DONE TIHS. most car guys are nice as hell and will help you out when you have problems or need advice.

up til recently i was in 3rd year of ROTC at TEXAS A&M. wanting to go armor.
i'm trying to get back in. i'm doing comm. college til they let me back in. my grades sucked.

btw.. i don't believe you... you're in the army and money is not a problem? :D

austin

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have heard that DSS Racing has some good stroker kits for the 351's. Heard good things about them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Money man I been to afgan, iraqi, for 22 months in the last 3 years plus 13000 reenlistment bonus money doming fine... thanks i have a friend thats pretty good at this but just want to ask around to get the best ideas from the best people. thanks

No Replacement For Displacement

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jayber said:
You would be much better off saving that 5.8 for an earlier model and blowing or turboing the Mod motor.
ditto

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I been told to stick with my 4.6, blower, 150 shot of nos but get killed by later model with302s and just nos and 347s with nos. i cant spray anymore without upgrading heads, rods, etc. or even try to push 19psi. with a 351w i can push 450 with a stoker kit and after i get used to it at nos and my blower. then I should push closer to 600 i think and I can spray a lot more in a push rod than a mod. or so I think, what do you think upgrade that will cost just as much or 351. Remember No Replacement For Displacement

·
Registered
31 Posts
sgtcrouse said:
I been told to stick with my 4.6, blower, 150 shot of nos but get killed by later model with302s and just nos and 347s with nos.

bullshit, the 4.6 is a higher revving engine and you can get crazy hp with just a little boost and some juice:)

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
arent the newer stangs way heavier than the fox bodies? thats probably why you get beat

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
There are a lot of new mods already out for out 4.6Ls, with more coming out every day Sarge, I am inclined to agree with Jayber and some of these other guys, if you want more displacement, build up a 5.4 dohc Lincoln navigator engine, hehehe, now that is an engine. And remember, you can stroke modulars too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts