Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I spun a rod bearing , check my other thread to see pics of how it happened. I have a 96 mustang gt , mods are PI intake, PI headswap, MHS stage 3 cams, longtubes , 24lb injectors , Full exhaust , and a few other bolt ons. I have the entire block disassembled and I have to replace the crankshaft, and rod bearings, I don't really have a ton to spend on this but I would like to upgrade while it's all apart. Any ideas that won't break the bank to bad?? I've looked into boring, stroker, different rotating assembly's. Etc. Anything that would give it a little more hp. Open to ideas please let me hear them if u know what ur doing with the 4.6. Thanks !

·
Registered
711 Posts
It really depends cause if your going to do even more to it like supercharging then I'd tell you to wait till you got some more cash for forged. But if your not going that crazy I'd just order some hypers from summit or wherever you can find them. A crank will run you about 350 or so. You can stroke it easily but bore is a little harder since it has to be machined

·
Registered
20 Posts
How bout porting the pi heads? That should give u some 20+

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's what I'd suggest doing. It's cheap and can get you some extra power and you can do it yourself easily with the right knowledge. Then you can get a valve job and have larger valves so more flow

·
Registered
711 Posts
The only way you can really do damage is if you don't make them the same size. I mean no it won't be as good as a cnc head but it will get the job done almost just as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts