Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I bought a 2000 mustang GT from a guy on Craigslist he wanted 4500$ for this car it was clear he was desperate to get rid of it I talked him down to 3000$ it's got a built 4.6 with 160,000 on It.

Mods on the car when I bought it..
- heads milled .40 over
- Dorman manifold intake
- bbk fenderwell cold air intake
- bbk x pipe with flow master
- 3.73 gear rear end
- fidanza flywheel with ford racing clutch

Some minor cosmetic damage to the body all in all great car.

My question is: what do I need to do from here to upgrade to 5.0 and how much would it cost, and where to find the parts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Ford racing sells the coyote motor and engine harness. They will have everything you need to swap it.
I've been told there is still a lot of fab work involved....all in all what dude told me is he spent about 20k doing a lot of fab work himself. The exhaust manifolds have to be custom fabbed unless they have made some aftermarket by now. Your looking at just 6k minimum for the crate motor...I would def upgrade to a 6spd cobra tranny if you were gonna put that beast in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've been told there is still a lot of fab work involved....all in all what dude told me is he spent about 20k doing a lot of fab work himself. The exhaust manifolds have to be custom fabbed unless they have made some aftermarket by now. Your looking at just 6k minimum for the crate motor...I would def upgrade to a 6spd cobra tranny if you were gonna put that beast in.
You also have to buy the adapter kit for the computer to run it and whatnot which is like almost another 2k

·
Registered
648 Posts
2002VertGT said:
Still cheaper then the new ones, and a lot more sexy IMO

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Still cheaper then the new ones, and a lot more sexy IMO
I agree with the sexy part...plus I'm pretty sure the new edge is lighter and no one would expect that out of one...but it's still expensive..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Late model resto has the coyote engine for $6300 roughly. There's a power pack kit with computer etc for like $1500. Swap headers are $600 and a swap oil pan is $320. I'm not sure if the 3650 trans bolts up or if u need an adapter but that and mounts would be my only concern then.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Maybe this link can help also

http://www.silvermustangs.com/forum...dering-the-Coyote-engine-on-the-SN95-platform

1 - 9 of 9 Posts