Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Eturner said:
Actually the Crown Vic Interceptor was 2v and 3v... Not a 4v... The Mercury Marauder was a 4v I think!..
My mistake. I was talking to a guy who worked at discount tire last week about his marauder, so I assumed they had the same engine because they are on the same platform... My bad.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My buddies dad is a cop in Richfield MN and the only difference between a police interceptor and crown Vic is the police had better suspension, the engines are the same!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My buddies dad is a cop in Richfield MN and the only difference between a police interceptor and crown Vic is the police had better suspension, the engines are the same!
Suspension, cooling, and gearing. They also has 10 less HP than the standard Mustang PI engine.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
DrSalt22 said:
My mistake. I was talking to a guy who worked at discount tire last week about his marauder, so I assumed they had the same engine because they are on the same platform... My bad.
Not a problem dude!.. Lol.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

We are on here trying to do same thing!.. Make our rides better!!... Lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had a conversation with a cop one day and they are limited to 147mph!!
They don't have enough power to go any faster than 150 tops anyway. For them to go from 130-147 takes forever also.

1996-2008 Police Interceptor.

0-60mph 8.9 seconds
Standing 1/4 mile: 16.1 seconds.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nope. Nothing special. Most officers don't know a thing about automobiles also. My ex wife's husband, and officer of 9 years thought his cruiser (Crown Vic) weighed 5200lbs and had 350hp......(actual curb weight 4000lbs,250hp) Had to break the news to him that they are nothing special, and just have HD hardware installed for prolonged operation and longevity.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
It all depends if they have the full interceptor package or if it is actually the taxi package!..

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Some departments also went with tuners with them!..

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't think the ones in my city are taxis. They will fly! They got a charger recently and a couple tahoes of course. I bet the highway patrol chargers will fly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why are you asking, are planning on runnin from them lol... I had a state troop pull me over and he liked my stang, and he said its the same motor and that he cant do anything to it. All stock.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts