Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the best. i heard comp and crowler. But i don't know a danm thing about to tell you the truth. Just want some. Need some advice

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Getting the right grind for what you want from your car is probably more important than the manufacturer. You might be wasting your money if you didn't have your heads ported and polished when you changed cams.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was going to do that too. i would rather just buy some used heads so i could get them p&p and put the cam in with them being off. because it's my only car. but that would probably be exspensive.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Probably, they will have to be 99+ heads, or you would loose hp, and the 99+ PI heads are a bit high.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes they are

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cams are nice, but alot of work for a few horses. If the heads were off then definately but I might look at a different place to put that money

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
We are a little scarce, but its getting better I think. Far too many hanging out in the alumni section of 3.8 LOL.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rick0636 said:
We are a little scarce, but its getting better I think. Far too many hanging out in the alumni section of 3.8 LOL.
hehe, you can take a person out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of a person:p:

·
Registered
529 Posts
lol, nice

I saw some mag article about getting a minimum of 25 hp out of a cam swap in a 99+ 4.6 Many of them gave 50 hp improvement even.

·
Registered
329 Posts
lemme get this straight by swaping cams and gettin a tune i could gain 25-50hp for about $1000 w/ install...

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
comp cams or vt/cushman cams. there is also good reviews on hitech cams. those would be the ones i reccommend for a mod motor. just make sure to check piston to valve clearance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts