Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4.6 in my 97 now i want to swap it from auto to manual nd also a 4.6 to a 351 windsor bc ive never liked the 4.6 it was always a rat motor to me nd rele expensive to make horse power any1 kno what i need to make the swap the 351 will be carburated

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 4.6 in my 97 now i want to swap it from auto to manual nd also a 4.6 to a 351 windsor bc ive never liked the 4.6 it was always a rat motor to me nd rele expensive to make horse power any1 kno what i need to make the swap the 351 will be carburated
Can any1 help

·
Registered
598 Posts
Not worth the time or money. It's not an easy swap, you're gonna need a lot of stuff and the parts for 351s are more expensive. You're better off with a teskid block or something like that. Or maybe even just modding ur current 4.6. For the 351 you'll need atleast a new harness, k member, headers, motor mounts and ecu. Not worth the headache at all. As for auto to manual swap, there's a ton of write ups. Search our forum or use google

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx man i was thinking of building a 4.6 nd just swapping it out u know the best yr 4.6 i should look for and any ideas cam wise etc

·
Registered
598 Posts
If you're gonna build a 4.6, you should definitely go 4v. Heres a good write up with a list of good motors from one of our members. http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t309395/. If you have any more questions 32v nomad is our resident engine swap guru

·
Registered
692 Posts
Not worth the time or money. It's not an easy swap, you're gonna need a lot of stuff and the parts for 351s are more expensive. You're better off with a teskid block or something like that. Or maybe even just modding ur current 4.6. For the 351 you'll need atleast a new harness, k member, headers, motor mounts and ecu. Not worth the headache at all. As for auto to manual swap, there's a ton of write ups. Search our forum or use google
Where do you get the idea of 351's being more expensive then mod motors?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx yea trying to find wat 4.6 yr is the best 2 build

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Does any1 kno if i can do a cobra motor outta a newer model wit a blower nd wats intailed thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts