Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to know what years 4 cylinder mustangs were made and in each year was it the base model or the GT
Thanks just want to know more about the 4 cylinder

·
Registered
230 Posts
i believe only 87-93 had 4 bangers, not sure if the older generation had them, after 93 only V6 and V8 were made for the base models

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluekswiss_04 said:
i believe only 87-93 had 4 bangers, not sure if the older generation had them, after 93 only V6 and V8 were made for the base models
Okay man thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'll assume they had the 4's when they started the fox bodies. What a terrible idea they had with that engine. It sucked. I remember hitting about 160km per hr.....on a downhill. Lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
ha ha ha, ive seen really bad ass 4 bangers man, and theres that bug in my head telling me to get one and see what i can do with it, but to be honest, ive never drive one in my life,

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigpapaDean said:
Lol...it didn't last too long. I slapped in an 8 with a 5 spd. Soooo much better. That 4 was so embarrassing. Lol
IMO it's not that bad not sure the km/h MPH conversion but my 93 2.3l is pretty nice but I guess the cold air intake I put on helped a little bit I think it's a great motor

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
93mstnglx said:
IMO it's not that bad not sure the km/h MPH conversion but my 93 2.3l is pretty nice but I guess the cold air intake I put on helped a little bit I think it's a great motor
Mine makes on conservative 400 hp

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would say its about 90mph. The engine itself was reliable and it ran just fine, but to have a nice looking lx coupe and no 5.0?? Lol, I had to change it. On top of all that I would get someone in a civic or camaro pull up next to me....and I couldn't do anything! It drove me nuts!!!!

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
2300turboford said:
Bigger turbo exhaust ported head 60 lb injectors........... ti many to list but i don't have but 4000 in the whole motor and tranny
Wow yeah mines not Turbo :(

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigpapaDean said:
I would say its about 90mph. The engine itself was reliable and it ran just fine, but to have a nice looking lx coupe and no 5.0?? Lol, I had to change it. On top of all that I would get someone in a civic or camaro pull up next to me....and I couldn't do anything! It drove me nuts!!!!
Yeah I know about reliable mine has 400,000 miles on it hasn't been rebuilt and runs like it is brand new

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

2300turboford said:
Yeah i love my car couldve had a 347 but i love my 4 banger wouldnt even trade for a v8
Me either 140 forever!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a '86 4 cylinder with a single barrel & automatic tranny. My car topped out at 100.2 MPH. And that's with a very accurate GPS on flat surface without wind.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Bria1946 said:
I have a '86 4 cylinder with a single barrel & automatic tranny. My car topped out at 100.2 MPH. And that's with a very accurate GPS on flat surface without wind.
That's not bad, what all have you done to it

1 - 20 of 76 Posts