Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my four banger I got roughly 300hp on carbs but this was my mini stock motor it's built and has four 44 mm one barrel carbs on it it will fly and smoke the tires like no joke and I got it set up right the only problem over EFI is I constantly haft to tune and sync the carbs together or it will run like crap I'm looking into a ninja turbo kit for it because the both have mikunis

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
as a fellow Mustang historian, allow me to clarify the long run of the 4 cylinder. It debuted on the Mustang II bodystyle in 1974 as the now well known 2.3 overhead cam. it continued as the base model engine until 1993. The way they talk...and ecoboost 2.0 will return in the 2015...but we shall see ;)

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

got no less than 15 books on the history of the Mustang, as well as every dealer brochure from 1964 1/2 until now....good reference material...LOL

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Gtzzoom said:
as a fellow Mustang historian, allow me to clarify the long run of the 4 cylinder. It debuted on the Mustang II bodystyle in 1974 as the now well known 2.3 overhead cam. it continued as the base model engine until 1993. The way they talk...and ecoboost 2.0 will return in the 2015...but we shall see ;)

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

got no less than 15 books on the history of the Mustang, as well as every dealer brochure from 1964 1/2 until now....good reference material...LOL
So you of course would know that the 93 2.3 made 105 good and 150 ft/lbs of torque stock hehe

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yep. Owned both a 1992 Coupe and convertible, and later a 1993 convertible. My first Mustang was a 1978 II hatchback with the 2.3 and 4 speed

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Gtzzoom said:
Yep. Owned both a 1992 Coupe and convertible, and later a 1993 convertible. My first Mustang was a 1978 II hatchback with the 2.3 and 4 speed
Nice I'd say you upgraded nicely too

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love my 2.3 Turbo LX. V8 eater. Running 15psi, it's awesome. Plus when I stay out of the boost I still get close to 30mpg. I paid $400 for the turbo Coupe. After selling body parts & scraping the rest I made $36 to pull the motor, trans, & rear. I paid $500 for the 89 2.3 lx. Got $200 for the old engine, trans, & rear. The extras are what cost me; 255lph hp fuel pump, billet AFPR, FMIC, and things of that sort. Got my cousin working on a front facing upper intake with a 70mm tb. Over the winter Boport Racing Head, stage 2 cam, 60lbs injectors, bigger turbo should put me around 400-500 HP. Can't wait. 2.3 power forever.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Dont buy the bopprt head all it is is a ported factory head just port the crap out of yours and get bigger valves and a 5 angle valve job

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

And a bopprt cam

·
Registered
168 Posts
Speed cost money, that's the nature of the beast. I'm looking into a much lighter platform than a foxbody for the 2.3t. So I'm trying to save as much weight as possible. Less weight up top balances things out better.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
Speed cost money, that's the nature of the beast. I'm looking into a much lighter platform than a foxbody for the 2.3t. So I'm trying to save as much weight as possible. Less weight up top balances things out better.
U can buy a coupe my 85 hatchback with a aluminum driveshaft weighs 2800 lbs

·
Registered
168 Posts
Stock they weigh in the neighborhood of 3400lbs give or take a couple hundred lbs depending on trim level & year

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

The body I'm looking into weighs 2300 lbs with full interior, ac, the whole works.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
BigRed1781 said:
Stock they weigh in the neighborhood of 3400lbs give or take a couple hundred lbs depending on trim level & year

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

The body I'm looking into weighs 2300 lbs with full interior, ac, the whole works.
Mine is stock full interior and an lx

41 - 60 of 76 Posts