Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving my 94 v6 mustang the other day and I got on her. Took her right up to the red line in 1st gear and dumped the clutch in second ( I was doing 40mph) all of a sudden the car kicked to my left about 15-20 degrees and I culd feel both tires spinning. Tires didn't stop until about 4g and I threw my stang into 3rd gear just after red line again and again she kicked out the back end but this time only 5-10 degrees and only chirped the tires. Only jolted at 4th. Is this normal if my engines stock?

·
Registered
196 Posts
was your steering wheel tilted at all during this time? if yes, that's normal. I've done that before too before I modded anything on my car.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

if your steering wheel wasn't tilted, then no it's not normal because the 94 v6s shouldn't have enough horsepower to send the rear of the car sideways even if you redline it other than the possibility of first gear. it happened to me once in first gear but after second, it never kicked outward.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iphonemaster93 said:
was your steering wheel tilted at all during this time? if yes, that's normal. I've done that before too before I modded anything on my car.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

if your steering wheel wasn't tilted, then no it's not normal because the 94 v6s shouldn't have enough horsepower to send the rear of the car sideways even if you redline it other than the possibility of first gear. it happened to me once in first gear but after second, it never kicked outward.
Steering was completely straight. I was trying to see what I culd get my speed to in about 1/4 miles distance. Just to make sure it wasn't just a one time thing. I've done it a few times w/ tires worm after driving & from engine start up. Everytime car always kicks out and burns after 2nd gear as previously stated.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Was the pavement wet? And if your kicking out sideways I'm guessing you have a posi rear end. I'm wondering if you have gears In the rear end. I'm thinking 4.10s could make this little more possible

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It's easily to peel out and fishtail in second lol. Sounds normal. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
V6 stang said:
It's easily to peel out and fishtail in second lol. Sounds normal. :)
I didn't peel out previous to me kicking it to second. Ik my tires spin hard (spin all the way from get go in 1st, and all the way till I put her into 3rd). I took off with an acceleration at 2g start, redline, then shift to 2nd and dump the clutch.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Dgerow12 said:
Was the pavement wet? And if your kicking out sideways I'm guessing you have a posi rear end. I'm wondering if you have gears In the rear end. I'm thinking 4.10s could make this little more possible
Pavement was completely dry all times I did it. Idk if the engines stock, or what my rear is. I thought everything was stock because the previous owner nvr told me of any upgrades.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's called 800 treadwear tires

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
DaBluedude said:
My b.s.-o-meter reads strong with this thread.
Ikr lol

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ahhhh what the hell. I'm tired enough to die and super *****y. There is no way a stockish 94-98 v6 on decent rubber is blowing the tires off. Mayb a 1-2 chirp but definitely not 3rd and certainly not 4th. I'm sure its a fine dd but I wouldn't take on a current base civic with it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
DaBluedude said:
Mine too!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
DaBluedude said:
Ahhhh what the hell. I'm tired enough to die and super *****y. There is no way a stockish 94-98 v6 on decent rubber is blowing the tires off. Mayb a 1-2 chirp but definitely not 3rd and certainly not 4th. I'm sure its a fine dd but I wouldn't take on a current base civic with it.
+1... Lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 94 v6 with true duals and a CAI and I've never done that and I'm pretty good at peeling out and blah blah stuff that no one cares about

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
DaBluedude said:
Beep. Beep. Beepbeepbeepbeep. Beep.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.