Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently built a 408 windsor i wanted to get the compression high but with this stroker i bought, it only had flat top piston option or dish. With flat tops my compression ratio is 11.7:1. I built this engine to race no street time with this. I need a second opinion if i should order a set of dome pistons from diamond pistons ( which i found the only place that offers them) which will make my compression 13.8:1 with a 62cc combustion camber, and the heads are dart pro1 cnc 225s is it worth spending the money for higher compression???

·
Banned
7,594 Posts
I would stick with flat tops unless you plan on running race fuel only. If so it maybe worth getting the domed. But even then you will need a good tune to run that high of compression which I'm sure you know, just wanted to throw that out there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah im planning on running race fully the engine i goin in a 89 fox that is tubbed but i just wanted sum opnions thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats what i firgured also i know most race engines r like at 12.5:1- 13:1 at the most but i want to just to get all i can out of the engine bc it gots good heads and solid roller high lift and high duration cam, i just wanna take advantage of my heads and cam i got bc i wanna run all motor

·
Banned
7,594 Posts
Adam331Fastback said:
Yeah thats what i firgured also i know most race engines r like at 12.5:1- 13:1 at the most but i want to just to get all i can out of the engine bc it gots good heads and solid roller high lift and high duration cam, i just wanna take advantage of my heads and cam i got bc i wanna run all motor
That thing is gonna be a n/a beast for sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I degreed the cam to the cam card nd it worked and also the valve reliefs r .270 intake/.200 exhaust and the dome pistons i was looking at have .300 intake / .260 exhaust nd the valve pockets r 2.15 intake/ 1.70 exhaust im pretty sure they will work but im gonna call it in to check and double check bc i dont wanna buy sumthin thats not gonna work

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Thanks! Yeah i did alot of research before i built it, nd if i can get more compression i wont need nitrous nd have a pretty stout motor =)

·
Banned
7,594 Posts
Adam331Fastback said:
I degreed the cam to the cam card nd it worked and also the valve reliefs r .270 intake/.200 exhaust and the dome pistons i was looking at have .300 intake / .260 exhaust nd the valve pockets r 2.15 intake/ 1.70 exhaust im pretty sure they will work but im gonna call it in to check and double check bc i dont wanna buy sumthin thats not gonna work

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Thanks! Yeah i did alot of research before i built it, nd if i can get more compression i wont need nitrous nd have a pretty stout motor =)
No one including the manufacture can give you an exact yes or no if it will work. The only for sure way is the clay way. Did you have it running the way it was yet? My neighbor has a similar setup and pushes 700+ hp n/a!! Except hes poked and stroked to 427.

·
Banned
7,594 Posts
What size carb do you have? With the compression you are trying to run I would recommend a wideband a/f gauge. Have you seen my wideband setup in my albums? It's in my custom radio delete. I installed a multimeter next to it to keep it calibrated and add the accuracy of digital. You can search "how to calibrate a wideband". If you can't find it let me know and I can search it up if your interested. The multimeter was 4$ and works great. It's a gauge for my gauge.lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts