Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 2004 Mustang GT this weekend. I have read that all of the 2004 Mustangs had the Emblem, but that the special edition was a different package, and a limited edition. My question is can anyone refer me to a good site that can tell me what the specific differences were between the standard Mustang GT and the Special edition were? I am just wondering if ours is standard or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sure you could find a site that explains the differences between the "standard" 2004 GT and the "40th Anniversary" special edition, but off the top of my head, there are a few obvious differences:

- 40th Anniversary Special Editions are available in Black, White, and Crimson... ONLY.
- SE's have gold "racing stripes" on the hood and decklid
- SE's have gold-tinted "Bullitt"-style wheels
- SE's have sideview mirrors that are painted the same color as the body
- SE's typically have no rear spoiler, but I believe it was an option to keep it.

That should be good enough to help you determine if it's a "standard" GT or a Special Edition.

Also, I've attached a link to a picture of a Crimson "Special Edition." The black or white one would be very similar.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If your car has 40th anniversary badges on fenders than it is the 40th year edition. The special packages are the tan and crimson models.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unless the person who sold it to you mentioned something worth mentioning don't sweat it, its just the little things like a nice emblem or a different seat pattern or one more useless button on the dash or two.

·
Registered
45 Posts
its basically jus emblems and a system thats diff from the regular gt model, engine and pretty much everythin else is the same

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also have a 40th edition Mustang GT.Google 40th anniversery Mustang GT and there is a lot of info on the net.This is the last year of the that particular body style before Ford changed to the new body style in '05.I love my GT.Its a crazy passion that is becoming an obsession very quickly,in time I'm sure you'll understand exactly what I mean.Hope this helped,good luck w/ your GT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts