Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another post, someone mentioned a ERA thing from Abbott to correct the speedo and odometer issue. What is the ERA thing and where can I get one? All 3.8 mustangs deserve a 410.

·
Registered
941 Posts
i'm not sure where to buy a speedo gear, but are you 100% sure which one you need? go to v6power.com and go to tech or articles section and find the right speedo gear size there if you don't already know. sorry, i have 4.10s going in a 00 5 spd so i really don't know about 94-98's.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
you can get the 23 tooth gear at Ford or GEF Racing or anyplace that sells gearsets. As for a a speed cal device on 94 98 they only work for 5 speeds

Corey

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
speedcal doesnt work on the pre99s. our trannys arent speedo electronically controlled

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Monkey said:
speedcal doesnt work on the pre99s. our trannys arent speedo electronically controlled
Sorry Monkey Man but you are WRONG O :shock: :shock: ;) :D

Look at this and tell me again
http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=361&Category_ID=145

;) ;) ;) ;) 8) 8)

Corey

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Description
The speed calibrator is used to correct electronic speedometers in 1994-01..

key word.. electronic speedometers

ours isnt electronic. the GTs and cobras had them. v6s got the short end of the stick :oops: ;)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
We dont need Matt cause it is true if you dont believe me call or contact them by email remember it only works with 5 speed cars

Corey

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22907&highlight=speedcal midway down posted by tbennett: pre99 speedo's=controled by speedo gear
99+ speedo=EEC controlled

oh, and also Dallas Mustang owns the patent on it, and i dont trust anything about that store. been in there many times, and seen the work they do. looks like all noob work except on cars that they sponsor.

**still trying to find where matt says it works or doesnt work**

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Monkey said:
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22907&highlight=speedcal midway down posted by tbennett: pre99 speedo's=controled by speedo gear
99+ speedo=EEC controlled

oh, and also Dallas Mustang owns the patent on it, and i dont trust anything about that store. been in there many times, and seen the work they do. looks like all noob work except on cars that they sponsor.

**still trying to find where matt says it works or doesnt work**
Did I say it was good no I did not, I also did not recommend buying it. But the fact is it is available and I was just trying to inform but by all means go ask Matt :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Corey

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Did I say it was good no I did not, I also did not recommend buying it. But the fact is it is available and I was just trying to inform but by all means go ask Matt :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Corey
fair enough. i see your point. if it works, great, the sites say they work, so ill go with you on this. but i still wont ever tell people its an option for pre99s. just my pig-headedness ;)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Hey Brandon I dont promote it but Freds3.8 bought up something made by Abbott and just thought about speedcal. I have never heard much good about the product either a very hit and miss kind of product. Like Diablo MAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Corey

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah, i havent heard anything about the Abbot. in fact, i should do some research about it cause i dont even think its like the speedcal. i think its something totally different. but before i post about it, ill do my research

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah figure out the deal with that abbott thing because im tired of racking up all these false miles :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts