Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, looking to swap a T5 in my car when i drop the 5.0 in, and the cheapest i can find a T5 for a 5.0 is $450...and i seriously cant see spending that much on a tranny thats at least 10 years old, so the other option is to pick up a 4cylinder tranny for 65 bucks from the junkyard

the biggest issue i have is how long itll hold up, the 5.0 im building isnt going to be wildly modded, itll be mostly stock, a mild cam, long tube headers and exhaust, no pwer steering, no a/c, no smog or emmissions, and maybe some other cheap odds and ends

think i should give it a shot with the 4cyl tranny?

·
Registered
16 Posts
well, i'm not a car expert like some of these peeps claim they are....

but, there is no way that will hold up long....

but, you could try it...don't ever try a quick start off the line. that t-5 out of that 4 banger will explode...

good luck.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea, what the heck try it...if it works you haven't lost anything....

it's just not the normal set-up....but, you might be on to something....

good luck man.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
that's cool...still trying to get more power out of my 3.8/v6....speedkills is suppose to get a roots blower package around in a few more weeks...for cheap...going to try that and if that doesn't work I'm going to put the 5.0 in my car..95/stang/auto...will change out to 5 speed at that time..

if you check with the person or manufacturer about how much h.p. your trans will take...thats the only way for sure to see if it will hold up....some manuals will take only 150 hp and others might take as much as 300 hp...good luck..

getting my car back today from the shop...hope everything went alright..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts