Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked out CL and found a set of 96-98 cobra 4v heads for $175. I own a '97 GT. My question is, what would I have to do to make these work, is there going to be any real gains from swapping these?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Gains yes... But that is one hell of an involved swap. That is a good price for them tho. Just for starters.... You would need the new upper and lower intake. A tb, all the sensors, timing cover, chain etc. New headers and exhaust Midpipe for sure. I would be tempted to say buy a block and some internals and build it up outside of the car then when it's done swap it over. Check out some of the threads regarding a 4v swap.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've already stated more than I want to get involved with. By the time and money it would take, I would benefit from just buying a '96-'00 Cobra outright.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
truckinu said:
You've already stated more than I want to get involved with. By the time and money it would take, I would benefit from just buying a '96-'00 Cobra outright.
Probably.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another head question.
I have non pi now. Going junkyard scrounging this weekend I hope. Will '05 to '10 heads work on mine? I know the intake part won't.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
truckinu said:
Another head question.
I have non pi now. Going junkyard scrounging this weekend I hope. Will '05 to '10 heads work on mine? I know the intake part won't.
Short answer. No. Looooong answer. yes.
Your best bet would be a set of pi heads but even that is an involved swap. For not much more you could probably get the whole pi engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts