Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So going to work this morning, i see car ahead swerve real fast, then i see a car on the wall sticking out into my lane. I brake hard, get it down and just as i am about to go around the car, i get rear ended , wich makes me swipe the wrecked car with my drivers side.

I have never had to deal with repairs like this, every time i have been in a wreck, the car has been total loss. I don't think this will be the case this time. Insurance has already told me to take it to their collision shop, about a mile from me. Will they be able to fix anything mechanical, like exhaust or suspension? Right side exhaust is pushed in pretty good. Is the a chance it damaged the headers or motor mounts? So many questions...
I have Allstate, hope they are as good as their commercials say they are...

Oh, and I didn't get hurt, the guy that rear ended me didn't get hurt, but the guy that was driving the car that was against the wall was running around screeming and crying how bad he is hurt and needed a " Ammalance, Ammalance" Kept screeming, get me a Ammalance...

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,248 Posts
Aww brotha, sorry to see that. Man, you've got a sharp lookin 5,0 too. FYI, your insurance shouldn't be coving your repair. The guy that rear ended you should. It's not a total loss. Mine has looked worse and they've repaired it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I woulda shoved my foot up that guys ass! Screaming for an ambulance... Sheit, I'll bet he'll be screaming for a lawyer before the ambulance gets there.
Yep.. He was putting on a big show IMO. and he wasn't screaming for an ambulance. He was screaaming fo a Ammalnce

My insurance said i could take it in to get fixed now, pay my deductable, then when they get the money from his ins, they will refund me. Or I could wait a couple weeks until the investigation is done, and deal with his ins myself.

I'm taking her to the shop in a few hours, let my Ins take care of it all. They can fight with his Ins. I want her back on the road ASAP.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have been with allstate for 15 years. They have been there for me threw thick and thin...You are in good hands ;) They will take care of you, just make sure the shop dose not use generic parts...make sure they use Ford factory parts and you will be in good shape:good: Glad you are OK:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yep.. He was putting on a big show IMO. and he wasn't screaming for an ambulance. He was screaaming fo a Ammalnce

My insurance said i could take it in to get fixed now, pay my deductable, then when they get the money from his ins, they will refund me. Or I could wait a couple weeks until the investigation is done, and deal with his ins myself.

I'm taking her to the shop in a few hours, let my Ins take care of it all. They can fight with his Ins. I want her back on the road ASAP.
Someone call the amberlamps.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Good idea! Hopefully they won't drag ass on the repairs.
Yea, I would want to get it sorted out asap. Hope the car is up and running in no time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone call the amberlamps.

Ha.. haven't hear anyone say it like that.. but man was he screaming Ammalance...

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Yea, I would want to get it sorted out asap. Hope the car is up and running in no time.
Have appointment on Monday with the shop. Soonest they could get me in.
Anyone know if the shops repair the whels? or get new ones?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Have appointment on Monday with the shop. Soonest they could get me in.
Anyone know if the shops repair the whels? or get new ones?
Glad your ok, what a bad situation for :-/ such a nice 5.0... Body shops usually do everything from suspension to certain mechanical, even if they need to get outside vendors to come and do other stuff they don't do... As far as the wheels are concerned, u may just have to get new ones, since they're not factory... If they were factory, they would get repaired and not replaced

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,248 Posts
Yeah, they're not gonna repair wheels. Mine only had a scuff and they replaced them. You might wanna look into upgrading your rear valance. Maybe a Boss valance? Or if you wanna put some money into it, get a '13 bumper and tail lights! That'd be awesome! :D

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Time for upgrades! The boss rear valance can be put on free in most cases and anything that is textured plastic or after market finish (wheels and etc) will be replaced because the body shop can not recreate the original finish.

I had a guy back into my car and poke a hole through my valance and scratch my rear bumper with his tow hitch and his insurance covered me getting the bumper fixed and the boss rear valance free. They even put me in a 2013 Malibu (which I hated) for a week while my car was being fixed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Already thought of the rear valance... it is cheaper than the original..
Don't care for the 13 bumper, Like the one i had, tail lights too...
For the wheels, I was thinking getting different ones and pay the difference.
For the Roush A/B's, I figure if they could order just one, they wil replace the right one. If they have to order the pair, I think I will have them get the Borla S types and I pay the difference.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
That's pretty sympathetic from someone named "nosympathy"
I am not always a jerk, just to a select few who I ran off the forums :D.

I generally am an pretty helpful guy! I also feel where this guy is coming from since two of my newish rims and one of my tires got messed up because of other peoples stupidity.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's pretty sympathetic from someone named "nosympathy"
He's always been nice to me. Seems like a cool dude. *shrug*

Sorry about the wreck. I wish your pretty car a speedy recovery. Just glad you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry to see this happen. Keep your head up and I'm sure they fix it up soon.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts