Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys anybody help me out...a buddy of mine just got Roush exhaust put on his2012 5.0 and gave me his pipes mufflers and tips.I really just wanted the tips but when I saw that its just a clamp bolt that holds the whole setup on. I was just wandering would they just bolt up to my 2013 v6? Im sure this is a stupid question but hey thats how you learn right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys anybody help me out...a buddy of mine just got Roush exhaust put on his2012 5.0 and gave me his pipes mufflers and tips.I really just wanted the tips but when I saw that its just a clamp bolt that holds the whole setup on. I was just wandering would they just bolt up to my 2013 v6? Im sure this is a stupid question but hey thats how you learn right?
Let me know the sound difference and if the car feels better. I see 5.0 mufflers on craigslist all day long.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Looked online and found a 3 in to 2 1/2 reducer pipe.thomk im gonna try it....
Still won't work, as there is no room to put an adaptor between the muffler pipe and the exhaust pipe. The hangers on the mufflers and the muffler connecting pipe are matched to install right to the exhaust pipe that runs over the axle with no room for an adapter. And besides that, the exhaust tubes "mate" to the muffler connecting pipe with a "ball and socket" type connector and clamp.

You'll need a muffler shop to weld the V6 muffler connecting pipe to the GT muffler.

I don't see this as being worth it though. Get a set of GT500 mufflers; freer flowing than the stock GT's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still won't work, as there is no room to put an adaptor between the muffler pipe and the exhaust pipe. The hangers on the mufflers and the muffler connecting pipe are matched to install right to the exhaust pipe that runs over the axle with no room for an adapter. And besides that, the exhaust tubes "mate" to the muffler connecting pipe with a "ball and socket" type connector and clamp.

You'll need a muffler shop to weld the V6 muffler connecting pipe to the GT muffler.

I don't see this as being worth it though. Get a set of GT500 mufflers; freer flowing than the stock GT's.
Im sure this is true but the gt500s aren't free like the 5.0s.lol welding probly wont run me that much and even if it does nothing,those are still some bad a$$ chrome tips that are on there,not like the cheap thinwall slip on tips that came factory...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey this will be my first post but I'm wondering how everything went I have the same problem right now and thinking on going to a muffler shop and see if they can help me putting the GT mufflers into my 2012 V6 but how did they put them jf so?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Pipe is too big for a stock V6. You're gonna be running negative back pressure. Causing the exhaust to move backwards or too slow in the pipe. I'd just steal the resonators and mufflers and do some welding. Don't run the mid pipe and over the axle pipe. Too big is bad. Sometimes smaller is better.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Pipe is too big for a stock V6. You're gonna be running negative back pressure. Causing the exhaust to move backwards or too slow in the pipe. I'd just steal the resonators and mufflers and do some welding. Don't run the mid pipe and over the axle pipe. Too big is bad. Sometimes smaller is better.
By that point I don't think its that big an issue. At most a few inches of larger diameter pipe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still haven't done anything but all im talking about swaping is the mufflers 3 inchs of pipe in front of mufflers and the chrome tips that are attached to the mufflers. Just cant figure how to get a reducer because of space restrictions.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The v6 muffler needs to have its inlet pipe cut off.
The GT500 muffler needs to have the inlet pipe cut off.

The GT500 muffler will then need the the V6 inlet pipe welded to it in place of the old GT500 pipe.

Hangers should match or be pretty darn close.

Inlet pipe is the side with the clamp and hat attaches to the over the axle pipe.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
The v6 muffler needs to have its inlet pipe cut off.
The GT500 muffler needs to have the inlet pipe cut off.

The GT500 muffler will then need the the V6 inlet pipe welded to it in place of the old GT500 pipe.

Hangers should match or be pretty darn close.

Inlet pipe is the side with the clamp and hat attaches to the over the axle pipe.
Like this as I posted in another thread some time back:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts