Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 2014 V6 owner but I want to upgrade to a 5.0 when my lease is up. Just want to know how much is it costing you coyote owners on monthly basis with gas,insurance and payments etc??? Want to see if a GT is in my budget, thank you....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2013 GT. I am getting an mpg around 16-18 in city with normal driving. On highways I got around 20-21. I took a loan and this is my first car here.. So payments and insurance won't be helpful for you to compare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get 18.5 mpg combined gas Mpg, Have a 2013 GT. I'm not a good example for Ins because I live in Mi and we have No-Fault Ins here that is WAY more expensive than other states. But payments are easily figured on the Ford.com site, depending on what you put down and trade in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2014 GT myself (upgraded from 99 V-6 and found the forums, yay!) and without going too deep into numbers I found a couple things:

1. The monthly payment is no more than we are paying on my wife's 2013 GMC Terrain. Actually they are the same. The Mustang is a GT Premium and frankly it came down to the fact that I needed a new car and if a new sedan/suv was the same as a Mustang, psshaw, I'm getting the Mustang.
2. We got rid of my old Mustang and her old Grand Prix. They were both full coverage insurance. Believe it or not, we are actually SAVING money on insurance now despite the coyote motor. It's fairly reasonable for us (ohio)
3. Gas mileage, getting 19.1 on a combination city/highway. I use my car as a daily driver and I'm not flogging it (too much...)

I'd wager if you're in for a 2014 V-6 now and a similar configuration (leather, etc) you'd be surprised that, with a clean driving record, that payments and insurance aren't as high you'd maybe expect.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I spend $439 a month on mine and another $79 for insurance. I'm 23 with a clean driving record in south Texas. Also averages 21-22 mpg but that's 80% highway miles in a manual 6 speed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 14 5.0 cost me about 380 a month 90 bucks for insurance and about 50 or so for gas every two weeks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

I'm 24 in AZ btw

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can expect to pay between 25-35k $ on a good used 5.0 2011 or newer. Financing is all about your credit. And insurance is higher, but if your driving record is good, it won't matter that much.

The biggest adjustment for me (going from 2012 V6 Premium to 2013 GT Base Convertible) has been fuel mileage.

I drive 80% highway and could get 350 miles out of a take easily. In my GT I have to baby it to get 300 miles from a tank. And I don't baby it. I paid $18k for my sharp 2012 V6 with 35,000 miles on it. Curiosity killed me, and I ended up trading it for a 2013 GT vert with 12k miles, which cost me $33,500. That coyote is nice......but I miss my V6. I should have kept my 6. As a daily driver, I don't use nearly all of the 420+ HP of the GT. My 2012 V6 had more than enough pep to scare me, especially from 80-140mph. This is all just one guys opinion who. One guy who has been there and done that. Wasn't worth it. I hope this info helps.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
15 Posts
PS. I added a JLT CAI and BAMA tune to both cars, and that was the best money I spent. That information is also just one mans opinion.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like this thread i want to.trade in my 06 mustang for a 5.0 im prolly gonna get nothing for my car tho and i just bought it in nov Ughhhhhh

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got a used 5.0 2013 GT base version for 23800 which had 7k miles on it.. Previous owner had put Barton shifter and flow master cat back..
I guess you can take your time and shop around and get good deals..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I paid $32000 for mine. Traded my old mustang in and put $3000 down. I pay $450 a month and about $100 for insurance. I've only had one ticket about 7 years ago, no accidents.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i pad $30k flat for my 2014 with 1500 miles. i get 17 mpg with mostly city driving and i dont baby it too much

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmmm lets see, my car before x plan and incentives was 41. After discounts 37 out the door. 17 down, financed around 20 @ 3% for a monthly payment of $346 for 6 years. I have 2 cars on my insurance; My beater sentra and my 5.0 come out to around $108 a month. $68 of that is believed to be mustang. I have multiple reduced speeding tickets and about 6 points on my license but my insurance never went up. Gas is another story tho. I average 14-15 mpg with the race tune, 22-25 on the highway. Not sure what i pay a month but gas is a silent killer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Geico

·
Registered
41 Posts
Being completely honest, ive never had an accident in my life. Everytime ive got pulled over for speeding ive just been driving along at 10-15 over not even f_ing around on the road. Just basically wasnt paying attention to my speed. Just been really unlucky. I really dont mess around and race or be a ****** i just got super unlucky with those tickets. Very frustrating.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Bought my 5.0 in 2010 and I just filled it up completely,for the first time ever. That tank should last me a month or so. I would say if you are worried about gas mileage don't buy a 5.0. Get something that is good on gas. Do you really need to lease a 400+ HP car to drive back and forth to work?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts