Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bought my 5.0 in 2010 and I just filled it up completely,for the first time ever. That tank should last me a month or so. I would say if you are worried about gas mileage don't buy a 5.0. Get something that is good on gas. Do you really need to lease a 400+ HP car to drive back and forth to work?
I need alll the hp i can get

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Is that suppose to be a funny question? I own a bike and two Mustang
No its a honest question. IDC what you own. A lot of people who think they can actually can't. If something goes south with 500+ to the ground would you be able to save it

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
63 Posts
No its a honest question. IDC what you own. A lot of people who think they can actually can't. If something goes south with 500+ to the ground would you be able to save it

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Oh ok making sure you wasn't trying be mr internet tuff guy. 500+ to the grown lol least of my worries... Plus a 5.0 is perfectly street-able

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
It's more car, so you are going to pay a little more in gas and insurance. I would imagine that like most your insurance will also factor in your age. I pay around 60 a month for full coverage. Gas easily go through $100 a month, but I get on it a lot and I'm city driving all the time, so I'm not getting the best mileage. As for the price of the car itself, just depends on what you put down, how you finance it, what you can afford...Ford.com will let you figure all that out. I think that most folks on here are correct about everything they have inputted. I would agree with DDTCM if you are worried about gas mileage don't bother.

But...Gas, Insurance, and Payment of said 5.0 is not your biggest worry...you have to consider that the 5.0 can be modded much more than a V6...And man once that bug hits, nothing else matters, gas, insurance, and payments are nothing compared to modding your Mustang.

Modding is the money drain...but damn, it's so much fun...Good luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's more car, so you are going to pay a little more in gas and insurance. I would imagine that like most your insurance will also factor in your age. I pay around 60 a month for full coverage. Gas easily go through $100 a month, but I get on it a lot and I'm city driving all the time, so I'm not getting the best mileage. As for the price of the car itself, just depends on what you put down, how you finance it, what you can afford...Ford.com will let you figure all that out. I think that most folks on here are correct about everything they have inputted. I would agree with DDTCM if you are worried about gas mileage don't bother.

But...Gas, Insurance, and Payment of said 5.0 is not your biggest worry...you have to consider that the 5.0 can be modded much more than a V6...And man once that bug hits, nothing else matters, gas, insurance, and payments are nothing compared to modding your Mustang.

Modding is the money drain...but damn, it's so much fun...Good luck!
Good advice

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the advice but I'm not planning on leasing my next Mustang going to finance. I know when getting a 5.0 gas should be the last if my worries I was just curious that's all. I have a Acura integra that I use for DD. I just wanted an idea on how much u guys spent on y'all 5.0's. Idk what how much I am going to be spending when buy the new 5.0 but I want that 2015 GT ....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey guys so I just bought my 14 GT about 6 weeks ago and well needless to say, how are you all getting so good gas mileage!??!? I am filling up once a week (PREMIUM of course) roughly averaging $3.65 a gallon and boy do I go through it. I mean dont get me wrong, that is using AC and getting on it sometimes. I know Ill stop getting on it but since I just got it, I wanna toy with it. As far as insurance, when I traded in my Infiniti for my 5.0 my payment went down!!!! lol I dont have any accidents nor speeding violations (clean record) and I pay about $65.00 a month for superb limits of coverage!!! It really is about your driving record and as far as pymt on my car, credit credit credit! I was about 30 points from being able to get a 1.9% interest rate but didnt qualify and only got a 3% making my pymts at about $460. Not to bad, 2014 GT/CS Sterling Grey 6 speed manual!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I bought a 2013 New off the showroom with nothing down and no value to trade in, was a straight break even. My interest rate is 3.75% and I pay $580 a moth in payment. $230 a month in insurance (have a wreck on record that is my fault). I am going about a tank of premium 93 every week or so at $50 a tank. 39 Yr old male.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I bought a 2013 New off the showroom with nothing down and no value to trade in, was a straight break even. My interest rate is 3.75% and I pay $580 a moth in payment. $230 a month in insurance (have a wreck on record that is my fault). I am going about a tank of premium 93 every week or so at $50 a tank. 39 Yr old male.
Bro we pay almost the same thing! Lmao.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So insurance and payments, really depend on who its under.

For the gas on the other hand, you can make it last about a week, but i rip it everywhere because i love driving.

I can go through 2 tanks a week but your paying for play time!! So if you want to rip and have fun you will pay for it.

But as driving normally you'll go through about 200 a month

·
Registered
64 Posts
I get 18 mpg city and 26 hiway. That is with 404 hp and 401 pi-lbs to the ground (dyno tested) . I am amazed with this car.

Insurance is 80 per month.

PS : premium gaz only.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought my 2014 GT new last month. I pay $475 a month for 66 months. I made it 200 miles on my first 3/4 tank of gas. Yes, gas is expensive but its worth every penny. Its basically my drive to work car. If we need to go anywhere as a family we take my wife's Acadia, which isn't a whole lot better on gas.

My insurance payment is about $29 a month more than my previous 6 cylinder Kia sedan.

I shopped for a vehicle for months before buying the Mustang. I came close to buying a Dodge or Chevy truck instead. The gas mileage would have been close to the same.

This is my third Mustang but first GT. I'm glad I bought the Mustang instead.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the advice but I'm not planning on leasing my next Mustang going to finance. I know when getting a 5.0 gas should be the last if my worries I was just curious that's all. I have a Acura integra that I use for DD. I just wanted an idea on how much u guys spent on y'all 5.0's. Idk what how much I am going to be spending when buy the new 5.0 but I want that 2015 GT ....

You're going to be spending a lot more for the 2015 than you would a 2014 Mustang. Manufacturer's rebates now are at least $3000 plus whatever you can get out of the dealer. Go to Hassle-free car-buying experience from a nationwide network of certified dealers. - TrueCar to get probably the best price you can. I got the same price from this website as I did through the USAA car buying service. If you don't like the deals in your zip code expand your search. Even if you have to drive 500 miles to get it cheaper its worth the drive.

When the 2015s come out expect to pay sticker price for at least the first year is my guess. Then sales will dictate rebates and dealer incentives. Good luck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You're going to be spending a lot more for the 2015 than you would a 2014 Mustang. Manufacturer's rebates now are at least $3000 plus whatever you can get out of the dealer. Go to Hassle-free car-buying experience from a nationwide network of certified dealers. - TrueCar to get probably the best price you can. I got the same price from this website as I did through the USAA car buying service. If you don't like the deals in your zip code expand your search. Even if you have to drive 500 miles to get it cheaper its worth the drive.

When the 2015s come out expect to pay sticker price for at least the first year is my guess. Then sales will dictate rebates and dealer incentives. Good luck.
Technically I will be getting a 2016 because my lease ends next year around this time ...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I am a 2014 V6 owner but I want to upgrade to a 5.0 when my lease is up. Just want to know how much is it costing you coyote owners on monthly basis with gas,insurance and payments etc??? Want to see if a GT is in my budget, thank you....
Your expenses will be different than those responding to your post. Even though I have a V6, most of the expenses are the same.

Insurance, depends greatly from State-to-State. Your driving record has a big impact on what you will pay.

How many miles you drive a day. The farther it is to work, the more insurance you will pay.

Gas mileage will depend on your foot, whether you have a real heavy or lite foot on your gas pedal.

What upgrades are you wanting to put on? I am just short of $6,400. I still haven't decided which rims and tires to put on.

If it's not in your budget, enjoy your V6. :dance:

·
Registered
63 Posts

Thank you for shareing this i will use it when i trade in,my 4.6 for a,5.0 around November.. Why they need my address if i already gave then my email :confused:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I used true car for last two. Helps a ton

21 - 40 of 52 Posts