Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
a properly tuned suspension, slicks, gears&torque.
i could damn near pull a tire when my 175rwhp v6 launched, but it was overkill being that i used slicks. it hurt my times more than a milder drag radial would have.
this is very much a silly question. take a while to learn instead of diving into cars head first. welcome to the site.

austin

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
traction is the biggest thing in wheel stands, but like tire said, they hurt your times

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
i have a vid on my comp at home that has a fox and a camaro of the same timeframe(mid 80's-early90's) drag racing, the mustang did a wheelie for about 1/8 of the 1/4mile track and still beat the slomaro. :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
~450 hp or more will pull at least one tire off the ground, at least with a fox body and decent traction... im sure you could do it with alot less lol, but why?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I pulled the fronts off the ground in my old 91. 90/10's and 50/50's. BFGoodrich Drag Radials 275's. GT-40 heads, e-303, full frame connectors, and a detroit locker rear posi. Also remove the front sway bar, but that reduces handling quality and steering control. With all that done you will have a wheel stander.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
hate_romania said:
hy how many hp and torqaue needs the 5.0 to lucgh the car and the nose to rise you now like the dreg when they lunch and the nose of the car gose in the air for few meeters

thenks
its not about hp really its about having the right suspension. you'd have to look into getting drag bags (its basically an airbag)

Slicks and a rearend that can handle the abuse. if not you'll see your whole rearend sitting at the line.

~450 hp or more will pull at least one tire off the ground, at least with a fox body and decent traction... im sure you could do it with alot less lol, but why?
um I agree wit most but not all of your statement. I remember a certain V6 over at V6P that had no more then 230 to the wheels that was doing wheelies right off the line. Not sky high wheelies but it got them off the ground either way

Another thing for someone that can barely spell I dunno if id trust you in a stang to do wheelies and even at that I bet you have the image that you can pull wheelies at the light and such but keep in mind if you dont have those slicks warmed up your not doing sh*t

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The quick and the angry you mean?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
lol its not all about hp... you got to have teh suspension... else your nose aint going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
hate_romania said:
hy how much hp and torque needs the 5.0 to launch the car get the nose to rise, you now like the drag when they launch and the nose of the car goes in the air for few meeters

thenks
It is all about leverage. If you can keep the wheels from spinning or hopping you can get it to lift. But like others have said to do that you need some work on the rear suspension and drivetrain.

I dont know if you are phonically challenged or you suck at typing, I know I do sometimes, but I edited your post to make it easier for the tech people to better understand. I hope I deciphered it correctly :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts