Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has 150,000 mile and I want to put some chemicals in my transmission fluid and oil when I change them. Any suggestion on a certain type or brand.. Anything helps...

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
I have a vendetta against additives - especially in engine oil, adding something to a specific blend of oil (with the right mix of detergents/etc) can throw the balance off and work against you - also saw an article where someone tried churning oil.. identical oil, but with the lucas additive foamed right up compared to the stock oil, which stayed mostly as it should...

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
at 150k with out using full synthetics and what not be saving for a rebuild :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use Valvoline max life 5w-30 on mine and I add Lucas stabilizer once a year during the summer(it makes the oil thicker and in the winter the valves tick from it). So I would wait until it gets warmer out. But it did help my motor run better and smoother. I currently have 105,000 on mine.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
MonteCitan said:
I have a vendetta against additives - especially in engine oil, adding something to a specific blend of oil (with the right mix of detergents/etc) can throw the balance off and work against you - also saw an article where someone tried churning oil.. identical oil, but with the lucas additive foamed right up compared to the stock oil, which stayed mostly as it should...
in my expirience lucas works wonders for transmissions, what i like to do is add lucas to the tranny while i change the oil and filter, then 30 days later change the oil and filter again but without adding lucas. lucas is not meant to hold up as long as ATF

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
ive heard good stuff, but since i have a manual :) i havnt looked into it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
yeah, ditto, if your having problems with the motor, a brand called motor honey will work wonders :) but its thick, i'd only do this with a high mileage motor that doesn't have long before a rebuild, like maybe one with leaky heads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts