Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much hp and torque makes the 5.0l??? and how easy is to mod?? if i will instal a supercharger how much it will be tha gain??

how much is the gaint for the most popular upgrades?

10x

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
215 bhp @ 4200 rpm
285 ft lbs @ 3400 rpm
They are very easy to work on IMO. I wouldn't boost the engine stock. The intake on the 5,0 is very restrictive. I would work on Exhaust and Intake modifications first. The most popular and best upgrade is 3.73 gearing. Very big inprovement.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
you can get mid to low 12's with intake, heads, cam, and exhaust and some other small things

·
Banned
8 Posts
5.0's are one of the easiest modded and best engines to mod in my opinion.

Supercharging on a stock engine according to most aftermarket companies will easily upwards of 100 hp or more with nothing more than supercharging.

Now you add,cam,intake,headers,heads,and ignition to that and you can have one hell of a small block on yor hands.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Black95GT said:
215 bhp @ 4200 rpm
285 ft lbs @ 3400 rpm
They are very easy to work on IMO. I wouldn't boost the engine stock. The intake on the 5,0 is very restrictive. I would work on Exhaust and Intake modifications first. The most popular and best upgrade is 3.73 gearing. Very big inprovement.
actually, it varies per year, most fox body stangs were about 225hp and 300ft/lbs of torque

what year is yours?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
his is a 95.. the specs are right for him.. my 89's rated at 225/300 but is probably down to 180/250 or so.. I need to rebuild it, but it's running so well why bother? haha

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
MonteCitan said:
his is a 95.. the specs are right for him.. my 89's rated at 225/300 but is probably down to 180/250 or so.. I need to rebuild it, but it's running so well why bother? haha
But a cam, heads, and intakes would do wonders for your car. It did for mine, and i'm .8 liters smaller than you.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
97Stallion said:
But a cam, heads, and intakes would do wonders for your car. It did for mine, and i'm .8 liters smaller than you.

My exhaust is so loud I don't even know if my car has a bottom end knock.. I'm thinking it does.. I run it so hard.. I'm waiting for something major to happen to the engine, then I'll rebuild it.. or if the block/crank are toast.. just get another engine to work with..

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Tbird232ci said:
hell, probably just replacing the timing chain would work wonders, you wouldnt believe how much slop they get over time
Yeah, I know.. I've replaced timing chains on explorer 5.0's with 100k miles or so on 'em.. some of them had tons of play..

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
MonteCitan said:
My exhaust is so loud I don't even know if my car has a bottom end knock.. I'm thinking it does.. I run it so hard.. I'm waiting for something major to happen to the engine, then I'll rebuild it.. or if the block/crank are toast.. just get another engine to work with..
No offense, but that's not really a smart thing to do. The reason is because when something happens, drastic things happen. Your engine is spining at atleast 1000 rpms at any given time and when driving it's usually around 2000. Your block will be damage almost to the point of being unrepairable, or be too expensive to fix it. Or if your block doesn't get damaged, lets say your timing chain breaks. Now your camshaft isn't moving leaving your valves stuck open and your pistons are still zinging away beating your heads, and valves to a pulp. So then now you need new heads, and new pistons, etc, etc, etc.... I hope you get my point.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
97Stallion said:
No offense, but that's not really a smart thing to do. The reason is because when something happens, drastic things happen. Your engine is spining at atleast 1000 rpms at any given time and when driving it's usually around 2000. Your block will be damage almost to the point of being unrepairable, or be too expensive to fix it. Or if your block doesn't get damaged, lets say your timing chain breaks. Now your camshaft isn't moving leaving your valves stuck open and your pistons are still zinging away beating your heads, and valves to a pulp. So then now you need new heads, and new pistons, etc, etc, etc.... I hope you get my point.

I live in south jersey.. there are PLENTY of places around here to get 302 HOs in need of some work, but are repairable.. I'm not worried about it - I've seen a handful of engines blow apart - I doubt this one will

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Ok, as long as you have a plan. :D

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Tbird232ci said:
and money
+ tools/ supplies/ access to all the proper tools and if needed - a lift..

I narrowed the 'knocking' sound, however, down to resonance from the exhaust 'cutout' under the passenger seat.. the engine's quiet (had it up on a lift, poking around with a pry stick.. - no off sounds aside from the injectors, which definitely need to be cleaned or replaced..)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts