Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys think these two compare? Obviously the gt500 starts off with more power but they are pretty similarly priced in my area

·
Registered
53 Posts
Love the looks of the gt500. I've seen some drag races and the gt500 wins by a margin from what I've seen. But the 5.0 beats it in every other category IMO.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
GT500 has tons more potential and more hp/tq stock for stock and is faster and far easier to modify. Just a matter of which way you wish to go though.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I can say from personal experience that the 13 5.0 with trac package would win, not by much but by a car length.
In my opinion the 5.0 looks better and the 13 looks way nicer from every angel, interior in the 13 is super nice and also the track app is super cool.
I am not hating on gt500, because i got my car 2 month ago and had the same option of going with a 13 premium or used gt500.

·
Registered
914 Posts
McQueen said:
I can say from personal experience that the 13 5.0 with trac package would win, not by much but by a car length.
In my opinion the 5.0 looks better and the 13 looks way nicer from every angel, interior in the 13 is super nice and also the track app is super cool.
I am not hating on gt500, because i got my car 2 month ago and had the same option of going with a 13 premium or used gt500.
Don't belive that one bit not trying to be a mean guy but the gt500 didn't have a high sticker price if it was going to be a slow poke lol in my opinion

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
garbill2003 said:
Don't belive that one bit not trying to be a mean guy but the gt500 didn't have a high sticker price if it was going to be a slow poke lol in my opinion
Have u ever been in a 5.0???

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
The stock tires on the gt500 are not enough for the power it puts out. That's we're the 5.0 has an advantage and it's also lighter. Once the modding begins though the gt500 is a far superior. I love the sound of a Shelby though

·
Registered
914 Posts
McQueen said:
Have u ever been in a 5.0???
12.7 1/4 in gt 5.0
12.5 1/4 in 2007 gt500
And no I haven't but would love to drive one :)

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Iam not talking smack about mustangs i just saying. Mustangs are great i love them all and enjoy talking to their owners. :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
garbill2003 said:
12.7 1/4 in gt 5.0
12.5 1/4 in 2007 gt500
What those numbers prove is that it is all so close that it is really down to the driver, 0.2 is SUPER close, i personally like the 13 style and interior better and it is a new car :)
There is no RIGHT or WRONG answer it is all about the buyer.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
garbill2003 said:
12.7 1/4 in gt 5.0
12.5 1/4 in 2007 gt500

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Iam not talking smack about mustangs i just saying. Mustangs are great i love them all and enjoy talking to their owners. :)
How? If the Shelby has close to 540hp and the 5.0 has 420, how are they even close?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I agree the driver will make the difference. But your deciding on what car is faster so you being the driver of both cars the 500 will be quicker. Yes :) and you also have a car that doesn't lose alot of value

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
austinknoll said:
How? If the Shelby has close to 540hp and the 5.0 has 420, how are they even close?
The stock tires on the gt500 are 275's and 500hp to the wheels don't match, a lot of wheels pin and the gt500 is heavier

·
Registered
914 Posts
austinknoll said:
You ask ford that one but transmission gear ratios weight things like that will make a difference in how fast a car is

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
The GT500 is also nose heavy which makes it harder to plant that power to the ground. I would personally get a newer GT,slap on a Blower and crank out a safe 650whp.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
austinknoll said:
Numbers can be a decent indicator but by no means do they tell the entire story. From a dig coyote has a much better chance. The GT500 has buttloads of teams it is hard to put down, plus only the KR has the 540, standard 07-09 GT500 has 500 hp, and I think 510 tq. Like DDTCM said, GT500 is very nose heavy, curb weight right around 4000 lbs. coyote puts power to the ground much easier. Stock for stock it is a drivers race. Start modding... Well depends on who has more mods.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

DDTCM said:
The GT500 is also nose heavy which makes it harder to plant that power to the ground. I would personally get a newer GT,slap on a Blower and crank out a safe 650whp.
Agreed. Unless you want something that already has a somewhat built motor and would be easy to get 100 more hp for around $700. If that's what you want get GT500, if you want something far more balanced that still has a crap load of mods you can throw at it and can still be faster than the GT500, and looks better get an 11-12 GT

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
DDTCM said:
+1 My plans.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Don't forget, used means used. Most people buy a muscle car to drive hard. You aren't drag racing everyday, there is more to a car than how quickly it can eat a quarter of a mile. Also, depending on how it was used, maintained an stored even the stock numbers may be unattainable

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
anything can happen on the street, without real track numbers with both cars driven well you simply never ever know who will win, that does not mean the car is faster just that in that case it beat the other car from point A to B~

the GT500 would be my pick for MANY reasons even if they were dead even stock, the GT500 has tons more potential per dollar.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts