Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just picked up the 6.0 gto and has an intake and catback exhaust. How does the new 5.0 compare to the gto I know they have roughly the same horsepower so I just wanna know how my new car will compare since I'm in the market and he thinks his car would beat it

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wat bout gear with 331 or 373 or both

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I had the gto 6.0 and that thing fast so don't slip

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
angelofrat42 said:
My buddy just picked up the 6.0 gto and has an intake and catback exhaust. How does the new 5.0 compare to the gto I know they have roughly the same horsepower so I just wanna know how my new car will compare since I'm in the market and he thinks his car would beat it
Yours isn't a 5.0 from what I see in your pics.... Unless u mean a modular 5.0 in general... If so then it should be able to take a GTO

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
gtstyles2 said:
Yours isn't a 5.0 from what I see in your pics.... Unless u mean a modular 5.0 in general... If so then it should be able to take a GTO
Nevermind I read again and saw u were on the market

·
Registered
455 Posts
It depends on the rear gear if he has 3.73 and you have 3.31 or 3.55 he will beat the 5.0, but ifboth had the same rear gears it will be a close race because the gto weighs about 4,600 lbs and the Mustang is 3,600 lbs so you have power to weight but the gto is a beast. So it would be pretty close imo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
angelofrat42 said:
I had an encounter with a GTO with the same mods I had just got my 12 GT and only had my race stars on it skinnies in front and big ET streets on back everything else bone stock. 3.31 gears 6 speed manual my car had 700 miles on it. We left the TREE together and I just started to pull away from him pretty good and got to a point about a car length out and he just stayed there never got any closer to me.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
CZYFAST said:
It depends on the rear gear if he has 3.73 and you have 3.31 or 3.55 he will beat the 5.0, but ifboth had the same rear gears it will be a close race because the gto weighs about 4,600 lbs and the Mustang is 3,600 lbs so you have power to weight but the gto is a beast. So it would be pretty close imo.
Damn I didn't know they were that heavy... Shouldn't put up much of a fight then if its stock for stock.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Damn I didn't know they were that heavy... Shouldn't put up much of a fight then if its stock for stock.
Oh yeah I had a friend with one and they are a heavy pos, but seriously they are heavy as hell but if you know how to drive then you can get out in front then hold it like the above post said but yeah the first post said intake and exhaust I think so that changes things just a little but it might just be enough?

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Actually I just googled the weight of the gto and as it turns out my friend must be looking at something else cause they all say it like 3,765? So Idk what he was thinking?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
I've seen one run with a bike, from the bike.. Although 725 to the wheels is a lot in any car ;)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The got has torque. That's the only thing you'll have to worry about. From a stop it will be close.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
CZYFAST said:
Oh yeah I had a friend with one and they are a heavy pos, but seriously they are heavy as hell but if you know how to drive then you can get out in front then hold it like the above post said but yeah the first post said intake and exhaust I think so that changes things just a little but it might just be enough?

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Actually I just googled the weight of the gto and as it turns out my friend must be looking at something else cause they all say it like 3,765? So Idk what he was thinking?
My best friend has an 05 gto The door stickers say gross vehicle weight 4645. I have seen it with my own eyes. They are heavy. They run low 13s in the 1/4.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Curb weight is 3,600 and gross weight is 4,600 so that is what he is talking about so if it was just one guy in the car it was probably 3,800 lbs so he was talking about gross weight which is the car fully.loaded of passengers but yeah 3,600 lbs for curb weight.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.