Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
305hp vs 420hp, but thats peak horsepower. GTs will be able to have a better power curve than V6s due to them having 2 more cylinders. They also get more power mod for mod also. It is worth the extra 6k IMO, especially for the sound. Nothing can beat that sound... Now of course you could get a V6 and boost it to make more power than a GT for that 6k, but it all depends on what you want... I love and respect V6 Mustangs, but i will always go for the V8.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
305hp vs 420hp, but thats peak horsepower. GTs will be able to have a better power curve than V6s due to them having 2 more cylinders. They also get more power mod for mod also. It is worth the extra 6k IMO, especially for the sound. Nothing can beat that sound... Now of course you could get a V6 and boost it to make more power than a GT for that 6k, but it all depends on what you want... I love and respect V6 Mustangs, but i will always go for the V8.
how fast would a 3.7 be on nitrous with full boltons you think? 1/4 mile wise

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
so I'm jus wondering how much faster the 5.0 really is compared to the 3.7...like 0-60, 1/4 mile time, top speed? is it worth paying an extra $6k for a 5.0?
Bro, don't let the 3.7 get you down. Sure the 5.0 is awesome but our 3.7 is no slouch. I spent 3k in mods on my 11 sixer and while it may not beat a stock 5.0, it will give one a real run for their money. Bro, throw a 91 hybrid tune, CAI, 3:73 gears, one piece aluminum driveshaft, aftermarket exhaust system, BBK headers and catted or off road x pipe. All those mods are still thousands less than a 5.0 and be on the coat tails of that 5.0. If I'm not mistaken the 5.0 0-60 is around 4.4 seconds. With the mods listed, I'm doing it in 4.7 to 4.8. Not bad for a little sixer that cost me less than 26k with the mods. Like the big brother 5.0, our 3.7's main power comes in at the higher rpm's. It's magic around 4k rpm's like the 5.0.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kona that's very true! I already have cai tune throttle body borla axleback headers catted x pipe and 3.73 gears. I am not complaining at all and my 0-60 is around 4.8-4.7. I barely lose against 5.0s but I had a truck that was pushin around 805 rwhp so a 317 rwhp (I think. don't remember) is a big step down. I had to sell it cuz of mpg and the cops. I am very happy with my 3.7:) believe me I am. I was jus offered the opportunity to trade for a 2011 5.0. that's why I was wondering the real difference.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Then youre not poor guy. Most of us poor college kids are daily driving our 3.7 so u can save that "im poor " bs...
damn bro! haha you have 2 cars! that's not very poor bro and full bolt on 5.0? that's awesome.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Then youre not poor guy. Most of us poor college kids are daily driving our 3.7 so u can save that "im poor " bs...
i don't wanna hear the I'm poor talk from you college kids in 3.7's lol...

@op...you have a pretty decent hp car as is....why worry about it's power. when tracking it just run it and enjoy the time spent there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kona that's very true! I already have cai tune throttle body borla axleback headers catted x pipe and 3.73 gears. I am not complaining at all and my 0-60 is around 4.8-4.7. I barely lose against 5.0s but I had a truck that was pushin around 805 rwhp so a 317 rwhp (I think. don't remember) is a big step down. I had to sell it cuz of mpg and the cops. I am very happy with my 3.7:) believe me I am. I was jus offered the opportunity to trade for a 2011 5.0. that's why I was wondering the real difference.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

damn bro! haha you have 2 cars! that's not very poor bro and full bolt on 5.0? that's awesome.
Well unless that offer included help with insurance and gas...... I would pass.... For now anyways....

Purely for practicality reasons....

Honestly to anyone who is that concerned over insurance and gas with the 5.0, they prolly done really need the 5.0 in the first place if those are really big factors.

If you can afford you it you can afford it, but a car is absolutely no reason to strain your financial situation.

Just wait for the day your insurance cost and gas are not such a big concern.

Sounds to me like you have already poured some love into your sixer!

Just enjoy it for a while!!! And graduate college and get on your feet! Things will come!

Just my .02

·
Registered
995 Posts
I looked at trading my 2012 Mca 3.7 in for a 13 gt premium but I decided the extra 10k I would have to finance was not at all worth it. Sure the gt is fast and I love the way a v8 sounds but I love my v6 I have people ask me everyday if my car is a gt and they can't believe it when I tell them it's a v6. I'd rather have my bad a$$ v6 than a bone stock gt any day

·
Registered
7,625 Posts

Damn bro, 805 rwhp. That's sick. What were you riding? Typhoon, Cyclone? It's actually amazing the power ford gave our sixers right from factory. Just add some bolt on mods and stock 5.0's are barely beating the 3.7's. Heck son, even a 412 HP , 5.0 is a big step down from 805 HP. Lol. Besides I love the look on the V8 owners when they get beat or barely won against a sixer. Lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.