Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I decided to go to the track. It was just a casual race and tune. I have a 2012 5.0 Which is pretty close to stock. All I have is a Ford racing axle back exhaust and a tune using a ford racing Pro tunner. His call is a 2005 C6 Corvette bone stock. I wasn't sure if I was going to beat him but I decided to race him anyway. I was shocked to see that I blew his doors off four times in a row by about 1.5 seconds. He claimed that he lost so many times because there was something wrong with his car. Do you think that is true, or do you thinl new 5.0 really faster than an older Corvette C6?

·
Registered
914 Posts
JJB82 said:
My buddy and I decided to go to the track. It was just a casual race and tune. I have a 2012 5.0 Which is pretty close to stock. All I have is a Ford racing axle back exhaust and a tune using a ford racing Pro tunner. His call is a 2005 C6 Corvette bone stock. I wasn't sure if I was going to beat him but I decided to race him anyway. I was shocked to see that I blew his doors off four times in a row by about 1.5 seconds. He claimed that he lost so many times because there was something wrong with his car. Do you think that is true, or do you thinl new 5.0 really faster than an older Corvette C6?
Be happy with the out come and don’t question it :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
JJB82 said:
A 05 c6 corvette stock, is 400 horses with 400 lbs of torque. With your tuned 5.0, I'm not surprised you outran him.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wyomingstang said:
A 05 c6 corvette stock, is 400 horses with 400 lbs of torque. With your tuned 5.0, I'm not surprised you outran him.
He claims he did some work like a cold air intake and headers etc. And wants me to racing again this weekend at the track

·
Registered
51 Posts
JJB82 said:
He claims he did some work like a cold air intake and headers etc. And wants me to racing again this weekend at the track
Let him win one. Sounds like he dropped some serious cash. :)

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
JJB82 said:
Just don't put any money on it. He might have been setting you up. I would think that the C6 is lighter. I guess it comes down to weight and gearing, be it that the power levels are pretty close.

·
Registered
51 Posts
primer2tone said:
Just don't put any money on it. He might have been setting you up. I would think that the C6 is lighter. I guess it comes down to weight and gearing, be it that the power levels are pretty close.
Good point. The corvette is close to 400# lighter.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
primer2tone said:
Driver plays a huge role too. I've seen some amazing cars look bad because of bad drivers.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
nosympathy said:
Driver plays a huge role too. I've seen some amazing cars look bad because of bad drivers.
With similar power numbers and that its lighter, I would say you've got a "Driver Mod" that he needs to invest in!.. :) I've run against several cars that were faster than mine and won because of the driver!..

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
You have slightly more crank power than him, but corvettes put power to the ground very well and they are very light. Put the same driver in both cars and the Stang would lose every single time. Sorry but you only won cause your friend sucks at racing.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Stock the C6 Corvette should run 12s, the ZO6 runs 11s

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you beat him that bad, he's a terrible driver. But an LS2 Corvette and new GT are pretty damn close in straight-line performance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
primer2tone said:
Agree 100%. At least at this point you know you are a better driver. Cars excluded, all things being equal the Vette "should've" won. But that's why we race. Great driving!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yeah he can't shift. I hate the shift linkages in better and hate the transaxle. The damn things kick right so hard on a power shift it feels like one of the axles snapped. I do love vettes but don't like the transaxle setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts