Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much bigger is the 5.4 than a 4.6. Does anyone know if itll fit in a 65 engine compartment with shaved towers?

·
Registered
70 Posts
With the right amount of money I think you can make anything fit lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My uncle has a 2003 lightning motor that he said I could have if I was to put it in my fb, as long as I let him drive it after. Anyway it's complete supercharger to pulleys. And then my other concern is that the tranny I was goin to use was a t56 magnum and I'm not sure if they have a housing that will mount to the 5.4. I think they do not positive though. Anyway just wondering if anyone has done a swap. I think it is relatively similar to a 4.6

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did ya try researching on google? Also I know a company did a full and I mean full 03 cobra swap on a 65 or 66 fastback everything from engine, drivetrain, suspension, and interior

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the cool thing is that it only has 3700 miles, he never drove it, then decided to buy a new 5.4 and do a complete race motor. I know it won't be cheap so it just depends if I want to fork up the money which is very tempting, knowing it would be a monster. We will see, I need to get everything mocked up if so I want to get this thing done so bad, I swear when you start a resto you think one thing, then as it goes on you end up adding so many other things it's not even funny. Not to mention the contemplating that takes place

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Well I wanted to use stock hood with gt350 scoop but yes like you said I might have to go witha 68 Shelby hood or something, which brings the problem up that I have no fiberglass going on the car. I've had everything fabbed out of metal. I don't know if it's worth it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the thought is definitely golden, I wonder if I could drop the motor down a little. I know I've seen 4.6s in 65s with a stock hood

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes well with the mustang ll front end I could prob drop it down quite a bit I believe, should give plenty of room

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To an extent yes but it is a custom, I've done quite a few body mods on it already and I'm still not done with it. I want it to be different, I'm not a purist, I say I paid for it not anyone else so if I decide to not restore to factory it's my choice, if they want a factory correct one then go build one.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Dmay65 said:
To an extent yes but it is a custom, I've done quite a few body mods on it already and I'm still not done with it. I want it to be different, I'm not a purist, I say I paid for it not anyone else so if I decide to not restore to factory it's my choice, if they want a factory correct one then go build one.
Amen, with the blower on a 5.4L you will definitely need an aftermarket hood!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well nothing is impossible now I just have to figure out if there are any style hoods I like or can imagine to make. It'll be metal no matter what, I wonder if a 2008 gt500 styled hood would look good, saw a mock up and It looks good just might need to be a little wider. I'll get pics up later any hood suggestions welcome. I'm going to take some measurements and see if a strategically placed hood scoop could work with the blower

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could and do a nice clean hood with a rolled finished look. It wouldn't go with the car though I don't think. I want a super clean sleek look, in other words a very clean car but nothing over done. I've never been a a car guy to "let it all hang out" haha I want people to wish they could see under the hood when I drive cause it sounds so mean. I just couldn't see it, not my style but I can appreciate the honkers you see at the shows sticking 2 foot off the hood

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts