Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 5.4l trition fit in my 07 v6 frame and will the stock t5 with stand the new power from the motor? Rearend swap needed?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It should fit. If your car has the t5 it's not factory but no it wouldn't hold up. Rear end upgrade would be needed.

·
Registered
488 Posts
blkstang said:
What trans and rearend
U need a 05+ 8.8 rear end but if the rear end is before 2011 u will need a flange to fit the driveshaft u will need a new wiring harness an k member an beef up your suspension an brakes to compensate for the weight an power .... It's a ***** trust me I did the rear end , brakes , an suspension i couldnt even imagine a whole drivetrain swap but if its not going to be your weekend drag car I wouldn't recommend it ! It's a huge head ache

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Will the 5.4l trition fit in my 07 v6 frame and will the stock t5 with stand the new power from the motor? Rearend swap needed?
The t5 will not bolt up to a mod motor. You will need a 96-up gt or cobra trans for the swap.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
93slowstang said:
T5 in the v6 is stock...
On the s197? They haven't used the t5 for over 10 years...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
93slowstang said:
In the gt that would be correct, they used the t5 in the v6 cars till either 09 or 10.
t45 & 3650 were both used on new edge cars

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
We have the same auto transmissions, do your research. :good:
Not talking about autos, please point it out if i did. I specifically said "manual". Read before you comment on something I am we'll aware of and did not even mention. :good:

·
Registered
488 Posts
93slowstang said:
Not talking about autos, please point it out if i did. I specifically said "manual". Read before you comment on something I am we'll aware of and did not even mention. :good:
Lol damn

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ithink it be worth it especially where its a 4.0 I graduate this year and am responisble for something more beefy with out spending another 30000

·
Registered
488 Posts
blkstang said:
Ithink it be worth it especially where its a 4.0 I graduate this year and am responisble for something more beefy with out spending another 30000
Idk where your at in the u.s but there's 05-09 gt's going for less then 20k which is less then what u would spend on a full swap if done right .... Just the drive train will go 10-15k then u have to upgrade literally everything so when u think about ur coming close to if not surpassing 30000$

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
It would be worth it over the 4.0, but it may be cheaper to sell and buy a gt.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts