Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got lightning engine, I also got a Kenne Bell supercharger. Now what mods do I need to do to drop that beast in my 04 GT?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Alot... Engine mounts, wiring, ecu, hood, and some fancy custom work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check on the wirining, engine mounts and ECU. What's the custom work? Do u mean the exhaust? And will a cobra R hood have enough clearance?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Edge24X said:
Check on the wirining, engine mounts and ECU. What's the custom work? Do u mean the exhaust? And will a cobra R hood have enough clearance?
Yes it should

·
Registered
430 Posts
Edge24X said:
Idk bout the hood, my buddy has a 5.4 in his with the factory eaton on it and he had 4" cowl and 2" spacers in-between the kmember and frontend

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
The cobra r is what 2.5 inches? If he's just gonna do the 5.4 then he shouldn't have a problem
5.4 w/ sc. It's 8-9 inches taller with the sc and plenum

·
Registered
430 Posts
They make headers for a 5.4 swap into a mustang, either that or could just use the manifolds off the lightning and rig the exhaust to match up with them

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Exhaust for the lightning atleast long tubes is custom ur looking at a stack atleast for lts. Either that or try to find the lts ford racing made for the 4.6 which fit perfectly....however that is a rare find the lts from ford racing

·
Registered
113 Posts
Everyone I see witht he Lightining and KB has to have a huge hole cut in the hood... I dunno whatll cover it :eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
any one know what all has to be done to do a 5.4 swap in 99 gt...probly getin a nav, or f150 engine....also if any one has links of how to do this that would be sweet.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Clutch302 said:
any one know what all has to be done to do a 5.4 swap in 99 gt...probly getin a nav, or f150 engine....also if any one has links of how to do this that would be sweet.
The navigator 5.4 is a dohc and I highly doubt it will fit in-between the strut towers without alot of surgery

1 - 17 of 17 Posts