Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a 5.4 from an 01 F250 for free.. rated at 260 HP/350 lb-ft.. it has a bottom end knock.. but I can get a crank kit pretty cheap, I figure rebuild the whole engine on an engine stand at the shop.. wouldn't be tying up a lift or anything so it might be worth it... any way I could stuff it into the 89 LX? I have access to welders and a machine shop.. the LX has a new trans.. I'd figure I'd have to modify the bellhousing.. any chance I could find a flexplate for this thing?

Just an idea.. if there's really no way it'd work then I could just rebuild it and sell it... but If I could get it to work, great

I realize the motor's wired up to the PCM, so I'd have to change all sorts of things over.. that's no problem, I just need to know if it'd fit/what I'd have to modify to make it fit..

any input would be appreciated, I'm sure its a farfetched idea, but it might be worth a thought at least..

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
no problem, found it when i found a 4.6 sohc from a 01 gt for $300 and was thinkin about putting it in the 64 until i found out i would have to cut the shock towers out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts